6

Kevin was sitting as still as possible, worried that if he moved, he would wake Sophie. He wasn't sure what kind of sleeper she was, but he didn't want to take his chances.

They had been watching movies ever since they arrived at the house, since Ricky, the kid they were watching, did in fact stay in his room and play video games. He thanked them for the food and high fived Kevin and they hadn't seen him since.

At some point, Sophie had fallen asleep on the couch next to Kevin, her head falling onto his shoulder. He had proceeded to watch the movie, but when it was over and she was still asleep, he found himself in a dilemma.

He licked his lips and slightly reached forward, trying to grab the remote that was on the table. Sophie shifted a tiny bit and Kevin pulled back, his eyes wide as he waited to see if she had woken up.

When he looked down and her eyes were still closed, he sighed in relief and reached forward again. Her breath hitched and he fell back again, getting a groan out of her. "You should have just grabbed it the first time," she said, sitting up and reaching forward to grab the remote herself.

Kevin looked over at her as a faint chuckle escaped his lips. "You're a cute sleeper," he told her.

"You were cute trying not to wake me up. I usually only fall asleep around Liam and he just throws things around, not giving a shit. If I fall asleep on him he just rolls me off the bed if he wants to get up."

Kevin chuckled again. "You're best friend sounds like a handful," he said. Sophie shrugged.

"He's fun. Should we go check on Ricky?" she asked. Kevin nodded.

"Probably. See if he wants anything else to eat or drink, make sure he's still breathing and not getting brain damage from all those video games."

Sophie laughed and the two of them stood up, walking upstairs. They got to Ricky's room and Sophie knocked on the half closed door, waiting for a response.

"Hey Ricky, you alive in there?" Kevin called out.

"Yeah man I'm just playing Halo. Can you grab me some Cheetos from the cabinet though? Just don't let Sophie in, I don't want her to see my room," the younger one called out.

Sophie covered her mouth to stifle a laugh as Kevin smirked. "Okay, I'll be back up in a second. You want a drink or something?"

"Umm, just grab me a water bottle," Ricky answered.

"Got it."

Kevin grabbed Sophie's arm and the two walked back down the stairs, Sophie laughing when they got to the bottom. "What do you think it looks like in there?" she asked.

"I don't know, but I'm worried to go back up."

Sophie laughed again before sitting on the couch while Kevin walked into the kitchen to grab the chips. "Hey, what time are we leaving?" Kevin called from the kitchen.

"Let me text Haley," Sophie replied. Kevin walked back into the room and winked at her before walking back up the stairs. She smiled and watched him until she couldn't see him anymore.

Kevin knocked on Ricky's door and then slowly opened it, revealing a very messy room. It was covered in dirty laundry and Halo posters, making Kevin smirk.

"This is quite the place you've got here," Kevin observed. Ricky paused his game and looked up, taking the snacks from Kevin's hands.

"I know it's messy," Ricky replied.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" Kevin asked, still looking around.

"I like heavy metal."

"You like Beyonce?" Kevin asked. Ricky's eyes went wide.

"Beyonce? Are you kidding?" Kevin looked at him and shook his head. "Beyonce is for girls," he added. Kevin flinched at his statement and sighed.

"To each his own," Kevin replied with a frown. "I'm gonna head back downstairs. Just call if you need anything." He turned around to leave the room.

"Hey Kevin," Ricky called out. Kevin turned around to look at the boy. "What's the deal with you and Sophie? I've never seen her with anyone besides Liam or my sister."

Kevin raised his eyebrows and then chuckled lightly. "I wish there was a deal to tell you about. I'm not sure, honestly. Maybe next time I'll have a better answer for you."

"Good luck," Ricky stated. Kevin smiled.

"Thanks man, enjoy the snacks."

He left the room and headed back downstairs, looking at Sophie, who was frowning on the couch. "What?" he asked. She looked over and sighed.

"She said two hours," Sophie replied. Kevin's eyes went wide.

"Game night?" he asked with a smile. She licked her lips and smiled back with a nod.

"I'll go see what board games they have."

Sophie and Kevin stared at each other with their eyes squinted, trying to intimidate each other. Sophie moved her player three spaces and looked up at Kevin.

"Are you making an accusation?" he asked, flicking his eyebrows at her. She tilted her head with a smile, reaching for items off of the board.

She grabbed the yellow character.

"Colonel Mustard."

She grabbed one of the weapons.

"With the wrench."

She looked up at Kevin with a smirk.

"In the ballroom."

Kevin looked through his cards anxiously, realizing that he didn't have any of the cards she had stated. He swallowed hard, taking a deep breath as he shook his head slowly. She smirked and leaned forward so their faces were close together.

"What was that you had said about winning?" she mocked him. He tried to smile, but his heart was pounding so hard in his ears that he was sure she could hear it. He swallowed again and she realized how hard her own heart was pounding, not being able to move back to her original position.

Sophie's lips parted as she looked down at Kevin's lips, practically giving him the signal to kiss her. He looked down at her lips as well and then leaned in, watching as Sophie closed her eyes. He followed her actions and closed his own eyes, preparing for their lips to touch.

Just as their faces were touching, there was a loud boom upstairs as if Ricky had dropped something. The two jumped and pulled apart, both of them with embarrassed expressions on their faces.

"SORRY!" Ricky yelled from upstairs. Sophie and Kevin couldn't help but chuckle, looking at each other.

Sophie reached over and grabbed the envelope in the center of the table, opening it up and pulling out the cards inside. "Colonel Mustard...with the wrench...in the dining room?"

Her and Kevin looked at each other, furrowing their eyebrows. They both looked through their cards once more, neither of them finding the ballroom. Sophie bent down to look under the table, pressing her lips together as she picked up a card and held it up for Kevin to see.

"The ballroom."