Chapter 13 - Decision

Hola!

***

Emily

I cannot sleep all night. All I did is crying. What did I ever do to even deserve this kind of treatment.

I was really enjoying my life 6 months ago. Living the life that I always dream of. Being the designer I am. And enjoying my free time for travelling. I know that I promise to cut my schedule off once I'm married. And I did that. I didn't go to my office anymore, I have my assistant to do that. But never have I ever thought that this marriage is this broken. Both of us are not happy with this marriage.

I was happy at first. I thought maybe both of us could fall for eachother. But little did I know that he actually resent me for ruining his life. Tho it is not like I am the one that ruining it for him. He took his parts too. He's the one that asked me to agree to this marriage. He's the one that's making the contract for our 5 years marriage. He's the one that ruining his life. If he didn't love me, he should just stop from the start. He shouldn't agree to this marriage if he's not capable of keeping his feeling aside and work this 5 years out.

Out of nowhere he got his ex pregnant, and he slept with me. I don't even know what I do in my life anymore, I'm 22, and I never wanted to settle for less than what I deserve. But why did I settled for this unhealthy marriage?

My parents raised me better than being trapped into an unhappy marriage. The realization hit me hard. What I have been doing is clearly wrong. What Joseph said was right. I should have cancelled the wedding that day. Joseph was right all the way. I want to run away. But how my parents gonna face it if I actually ran away?

I don't want to dissapoint them more. They have this high hope in me. But what did I do? I clearly don't deserve to be in this family. I clearly ruined my own self. Aaron is a clearly different person that what I thought he was.

And I don't want to hope no more. No more to believing we could work this out. Clearly my intention now is working this contract out. So then I can back off and live my life the way I wanted it to be again. I'm gonna stay away from Aaron. That's for my own sanity.

***

Aaron's parents have decided for us to move back to their place and I really agreed to that. After what happened last night, I don't think I can stay with him only. I clearly will freak out.

"Emily," Aaron called out to me once I stepped out of his car. I flinch.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'm sorr..." He said but I cut him off.

"No Aaron. Don't say something you don't mean. You clearly show me who you are last night. And I'm sorry. But please stay away from me. Live the life you wanted. And I won't say anything about it anymore. And I'll back to living my life too. We had our separate way. But well you know we should still pretend about this whole marriage till our contract is done. So other than that we have nothing to discuss about." I said then walked into his parents' house.

Once I am inside I'm greeted by my parents in law. "Hello Emily, how's your sleep last night?" My mum in law asked.

I smiled. "It was good." I said but my voice tremble.

And as always my mum in law always understanding me better. "What happened last night after I left, Emily? Why did your voice tremble when you are talking? Come here," she said. Then she was about to hug me, but I flinch when she touched my cheeks instead, "what happened? Why did you have bruised cheek?" She asked. I silently cursed myself. I had tried my best to covered it up with foundation. But when I flinched, my mum in law trying to get it off.

"Oh no, I stupidly fall from my bed last night and hit the drawers, thats all." I said trying to be as confident as I could.

"Okay, if you say so, Aaron didn't do that right?" My dad in law now asked.

I shook my head, "no, he didn't do anything," I said

"Okay, now let me bring you to your room," my mum in law said. Then she call out to two of her maids to bring my suitcase to my room.

***

"This is your room, Emily. Rest well. I'll call you up once the lunch is ready ok?" She said then turned around to go out..
But I stopped her, "will Aaron stay here too?" I asked.

She stopped, "yes Emily, this is actually Aaron's room before he moves out." She said smiling.

My smile dropped straight away. I can not stay in the same room as him. Not after knowing what he's capable of doing.. what should I do now?

"Can I, I mean, can I have a different room from Aaron?" I asked.

***
Words count: 898 words.

That's for chapter 13! Hope you guys like it, don't forget to hit votes ans comment for giving me feedbacks!
Ciao, Shintya💙