Chapter 8: Destiny Made (5 years later)

Start from the beginning

"Err can I have it back? It's ummm my mum's," I lied rubbing the back of my neck. Her lips shaped a perfect 'o' as she slipped it over her head.

"Sorry," she whispered quietly, handing it back to me.

"It's okay babe," I smiled, kissing her forehead. I slipped it into my pocket and zipped my bag. I took Eleanor's hand and followed Harry to the car. The boys greeted us as we slipped into the car.

"Finally! We get to go back home," Liam stretched in the front seat.

"Yes! As soon as I get off the plane, I'm going to Nando's and ordering everything on the menu," Niall smiled rubbing his tummy. We all laughed at him and his odd eating habits.

"What are you going to do Louis?" Zayn questioned. I looked around, noticing everyone's eyes glued on me.

"Spend tim with my beautiful girlfriend and family," I smiled at Eleanor. She kissed my cheek and lied her head on my shoulder.

"I'm going to find Sophia when we get there," Harry sighed happily.

"Aw is that your girlfriend?" Eleanor cooed. Harry chuckled, cheeks burning.

"No, not yet," he smiled to himself. My muscles tensed at his response. I felt my heart tangle at the thought of them dating. Eleanor looked up at me, worry dazzling in her eyes. My muscles relaxed as I smiled to reassure her that everything was okay. The rest of the ride we stayed in a peaceful silence, minding each other's company.

Sophia's POV

"Mummy! Food!" Sam yelled into my face. I groaned, turning away from him. He climbed onto my back and began smacking my head with a small stuffed toy.

"I'm up!" I groaned turning over. He jumped off me and ran into the kitchen. I turned to face my alarm clack that read 6:34 pm in bright red numbers.  I sighed, slowly lifting myself off the bed. My feet felt the floor, causing shivers to spread throughout my body. Dragging myself across the wood, I slipped into a chair next to Sam's high-chair. Kassy placed a burger in front of me.

"Eat up Soph. You've got another late shift," she sighed. I banged my head on the marble counter, regretting it as soon as a headache sprung.

"Can't you take my shift tonight? I'll take Sam out tomorrow," I said, lifting my head up with my hand, propping it up with my elbow.

"Fine, but you have to make dinner tomorrow night," she smiled. Anything to get me out of working.

"Deal," I smiled, taking a bite out of my burger. Sam was stuffing his mouth with fries, mushing it over his face. I laughed at his cuteness, and whipped it away with his bib. He smiled at me and then continued his face stuffing. I finished off my burger and threw the wrapper into the paper bag.

"Did you hear the boys are coming back?" I asked curiously. Kassy's face lit up.

"What! No. When?" She asked, leaning into the counter top.

"I'm not sure when, but I heard it on the news," I said, starring at Sam.

"That's great! I'll get to see Harry again," she beamed. She had never gotten over Harry, which was kind of surprising since she used to move on pretty fast. But she's changed, for the better too. I jerked my head towards her in disbelief.

"What no! I haven't spoken to the boys in over five years," I whined. I still wasn't ready to face them even after those long years.

"Suck it up. You guys need to make up already," she rolled her eyes at my immaturity. I let out a long sigh, standing up to get Sam.

"C'mon babe. Let's get you cleaned up and into bed," I said, taking him into my arms.

"You can't avoid them forever Soph," Kassy called out. I sighed and closed my bedroom door. After cleaning him up, I set Sam in his bed with his stuffed Batman doll.

"Mummy sing?" he asked. I sat beside him smiling. I began humming the tune of The Valley Song.

When I finished, Sam's eyes were shut. His face was so innocent in the dim light of his lamp.I leaned down and pressed my lips gently against his forehead. I brushed my hand against his cheek, then turned his lamp out. I crawled under my duvet and shut my eyes, forgetting about all the memories Louis and Harry left with me.

Harry's POV

I sat by the glass window, watching the clouds as we flew by. Everyone had already gone to their cabinet. I opened my wallet to pull out the picture I still had of Sophia and I. It was the first day of high school, and honestly, I looked like I was going through my awkward phase. Sophia, however, looked gorgeous. I bet she got even more beautiful, if that's even possible.

We haven't spoken in years and I don't know why. I just remember Louis saying we had to give Sophia her space, which I did. It wasn't easy, but I did it for her. To protect her. But now I'm given the chance to see her again and I'm not letting her go. Not this time. I know Louis still loves her, but I love her more. It's always been that way, plus he has Eleanor and seems quite happy. Maybe this time I'll get to tell er how I feel without hurting her feelings.

 * * * **

I kind of cut this shorter than I planned, but I hoped you enjoyed it :) Please comment any thoughts!