Chapter 12: Management's Secret

Louis' POV

I walked along the snow covered gravel, enjoying the peaceful afternoon. Eleanor had a photo shoot this morning and agreed to meet me later.

Tonight is Harry and Sophia's date and honestly, I'm not excited. Every time I think about them going out, I feel like dying. I have El, so I know I can't do much about it. Stupid management...

"Hey you," I heard a sweet voice coo. I looked up to see Sophia smiling with Sam beside her.

"Hi," I said half-smiling. I looked down at Sam who was wrapping his arms around Soph's leg. It's crazy how much he reassembles Soph. His grey eyes deepened the more he stared at me. I hate Nick. I mean, who leaves such a beautiful woman and his sweet child?

"What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.

"Just taking a walk. I didn't think I'd bump into you though," I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh, I see. Well Sam and I were just about to go get ice cream. Did you want to come?" She questioned sweetly. Yes! Finally, time with Soph.

"Sure," I nodded walking beside her.

"Where's Eleanor?" she asked, seeming cautious of her surroundings.

"She has a photo shoot," I answered. She sighed in relief. Great, what did Eleanor do this time? We walked up to Sally's Ice Cream Parlor and walked inside to the cashier. The cashier had short brown, pixie hair and looked about fifteen.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asked not looking up from her notebook.

"Chocolate with nuts please," I said delightfully. That's when she looked up. She straightened her apron and smiled at me.

"Of course Louis," she said trying not to fan-girl. Then she turned to Sophia and Sam, "And for you?" she asked politely. Sam jumped to see the flavours, but his tiny body couldn't make it. I stepped behind him and picked him up by his waist so he could show her what he wanted.

"Dat one," he said pointing to the cherry ice cream.

"Make that two," Sophia smiled. The girl nodded going to the cooler and putting two scoops in separate cups.

"Your total will be ten pounds," she smiled at me. Sophia looked through her purse for her wallet.

"It's okay Soph," I said, handing the girl my card. Sophia sighed, glaring at me knowing I knew she hated when people paid for her. I smirked grabbing the tray and walking to the corner table.

"Thanks," she mumbled taking a spoonful of her ice cream. I smiled proudly, doing the same. Sam sat between us, watching the people outside with amusement.

"So does Sam go to school?" I asked, watching him mutter things to himself.

"Nope, not yet. He'll be starting in two weeks though at Clemintine Elementary," she beamed, ruffling his hair. He giggled, smiling.

"That's great! I know he'll like it there. We did," I winked. She giggled, going back to her ice cream. We ate in silence until her phone buzzed. She looked down at her phone. She sighed in exasperation, placing her phone to the side of her.

"Who was that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nick..." she trailed off, rubbing her head. Anger flared inside me knowing Nick has been trying to contact her for the past few weeks. 

"It'll be okay," I smiled sincerely, placing my hand over hers and drawing circles on her skin with my thumb. She sent me a smile and let out another sigh.

"What's this?" I heard Eleanor spit behind me. Sophia pulled her hand away, leaving mine cold and empty. I turned to see Eleanor, arms crossed.

"Nothing, love. I was waiting for you," I smiled standing up. She stared coldly at Sophia, then back at me.

"Sure. I'm tired. Let's go home," she demanded, ignoring Sophia.

"But I'm here with-"

"I don't care. Let's go," she cut me off icily, storming out of the ice cream shop. If someone knew how to make a scene, it was Eleanor. 

"I'm sorry Soph," I sighed shamefully.

"It's okay, we have to leave anyways so I can get ready for my date," Sophia said quietly. "Let's go Sam. It was nice talking to you Lou," she smiled and walked away. Sam turned to look at me, waving a small good-bye. I frustratedly ran my hands through my hair, trying to calm myself.

"I like the girl with the kid better," the cashier said sweeping past me. Yeah, I do too. I walked out of the parlor and climbed into the passenger's seat of Eleanor's red Audi V10. She was fixing her make-up, looking into the overhead mirror.

"Took you long enough," she sighed, smeering her red lipstick over her lips. I turned to face her, eyes darkening in anger.

"What's your problem Eleanor? Why do you hate Sophia so much? Are you jealous?" This assumption made her laugh.

"Me jealous? Please, I've got everything she dreams of having so there's no reason to. I'm just making sure you remember your contract with management," she smiled deviously because she knew who won this argument. Management made the boys and I sign a contract saying we wouldn't date or have an affair with an 'ordinary' girl. And I understood why. We just live in two different worlds and mixing them doesn't end well.

"Yes, I remember," I growled looking out the window.

"Good," I could hear the smirk playing on her lips. I groaned and watched the cars as we drove back to Harry's flat.

Harry's POV

I slipped on the grey blazer over my plain white tee and walked to the full length mirror that hung neatly in my bathroom. I had dark blue jeans on with a pair of black high-top converse. I ran my hands through my curls, putting them into place.

No words could describe how nervous I was about tonight. Clothes were scattered all around my room because I couldn't find anything to wear. I know, I sound like a girl. I pulled out my cologne and sprayed it several times over myself. 

"You look nice," Louis said, leaning against the door frame.

"Thanks," I smiled proudly. I walked past him and grabbed my silver watch. "What are you doing tonight?" I questioned.

"Not sure yet. Eleanor is going out with family. Zayn's doing... whatever Zayn does on a Friday night and Niall and Liam are on a date with some girls they met last night," he responded, counting down on his fingers.

"Oh we maybe you can go to Sophia's and help Kassy babysit," I suggested. He thought for a moment then shook his head.

"Nah, I'll think of something to do," he waved off starting down the stairs. I checked the time. I had fifteen minutes to get to Sophia's. I grabbed my keys and raced down stairs.

"Don't trip boobear," Louis teases from the couch.

"Bye!" I waved, walking out the door. I got in the car and pulled out of the driveway. I wonder what Sophia looks like. I bet she looks gorgeous. Going on a date with her feels like I've been given a second chance to show her I'm a better match for her than Louis. I love Lou, but he won't treat her like I will. I'm even going against the contract to be with her, so hopefully it's worth it.

I pulled into her driveway and straightened my blazer. I knocked on her door, waiting impatiently.

"Hi Harry."

* * * * * * * * *

So I uploaded anyways even though I asked for five votes... but I only got three :l I guess you guys don't really like the story :P haha... that's okay... anyways to those of you who DO enjoy it, I uploaded because I have a busy weekend and I wanted to get this out of the way ^_^

PS check out How Girls Think :) It's a new story I'm working on with my friends ! No it's not One Direction, but check it out anyways :P <33