Chapter 25

Sonic's P.O.V.
The pain is unbearable, to wake up and not finding your soulmate next to you, to know that you won't ever see them again, no matter how hard you try. There was nothing that I could do to save him... Right...?

This was all I could think of all day, every day. Rouge and Tails keep trying to keep me happy, but the most they've done is to calm me down, and even then I'm thinking of a way to end my life and my misery.

I'm not aloud to leave the room without one of them being with me, since I've tried multiple times to run away or kill myself. They are able to catch up to me because I'm too weak to run as fast as I used to, so I thought of the perfect plan. I'm going to sleep as much as I can, so I'll have all my energy back, then I'll wait for them to leave or go to sleep and ran to the kitchen, grab a knife and... Go back to Shadow...

I wasn't ready about it, to be honest, but I prefer it to living this hell.

I waited until it was time for dinner, Rouge had opened the door letting me walk to the kitchen. I slowly followed Rouge and sat down between her and Tails then started eating.

"How are you hun?" Rouge asked me, she keeps trying to make me talk but she never succeeds.

I ignored her as I ate, quickly finishing the soup they had for me, I stood up and said. "Don't come into the room until I tell you to."

They both looked at me shocked then looked at each other and slowly nodded.

"But why...?" Rouge asked confused.

I glared at Rouge and answered lowly.

"You'll see."

~~~

Third day that I've slept through.

My plan is working perfectly, I already feel ten times stronger, almost like when I was fighting against Eggman, which is a good thing.

I heard Rouge and Tails say that they were going to leave for a few hours. Perfect.

I was just laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling as I thought about what I was going to do. It's not as easy as it sounds, to leave the world you know and the people you love, just to get rid of the pain.

I sighed and closed my eyes. How will Tails reach to this? Will he kill himself too? I don't want that, not at all.

What about my family? My siblings? My mother? Will they blame themselves about it?

Suddenly I felt a massive wave of guilt wash over me, I'm so selfish. I only thought about myself, my own pain, but what about the others...?

I sighed and shook my head. It's better if I die, it'll be better for everyone. Tails and Rouge will finally live their lives, Shadow and I will be back together and Dark has taken care of Eggman, so there's nothing wrong with what I'm going to do. No one needs me.

I was brought back to reality by the door closing.

This is my chance, it's now or never.

I bit my lip and dashed to the kitchen, breaking the bedroom door as I did, I grabbed the sharpest knife that I could find and stared at it, a big smile creeping on my muzzle. This is it.

I'm coming to you Shadow.

And no one will stop me.

~The End~

******
I know, the ending is upsetting, but I promised that I'll make a sequel. And I did! ^^

The book is called "I Missed You (Sonadow)"

Please go check it out! Tell me what you think!

Love you! 😘