Chapter 16

Sonic's P.O.V.
"I... Fixed your bear..." He smiled sheepishly and showed me the teddy bear, it had a few stitches and it was a little smaller than it was before, but I didn't care, it was perfect in my eyes.

I lowered my ears and smiled brightly at him then hugged him tightly. "Thank you!" I still had tears rolling down my muzzle as I sobbed softly, the nightmare wasn't leaving me alone. I closed my eyes and hid my face between Shadow's neck and shoulder, trying to calm down. 

He slowly hugged back and rubbed my back. "Did you see a nightmare...?" He asked softly. I slowly nodded and lowered my ears at what he was doing, I felt much safer and calmer in his arms. "Do you want to talk about it...?" He asked again and looked at me.

I slowly shook my head and purred very quietly as I slowly pulled away, I looked at his beautiful crimson red eyes and felt my cheeks heating up. I quickly looked away and grabbed the teddy bear then hugged it. "Thanks... For the bear..." I mumbled and tried to avoid eye contact.

Shadow chuckled softly and cupped my chin to make me look at him, I lowered my ears and tried to not blush, but failed when he smiled at me. I dropped my ears and blushed a bright red color making him chuckle.

"I really missed you." He smiled softly and let go of my face. "I'm sorry for what I told you before I left." He gave me the bear and I hugged it tightly then shook my head.

"It's okay, I forgive you." I looked at him with a small, sincere smile. "Thank you so much for the bear. It meant a lot to me" I got closer to him.

Shadow smiled softly and nodded. "You're welcome." He looked like he wanted to do something, but I didn't know what. I looked at his hands then at his face but still, I couldn't understand so I asked.

"Is there something bothering you?" I raised a brow and put the bear aside. He lowered his ears slightly and shook his head. 

"No, not really. I was just wondering..." He looked down as he continued. "Did you... Date Rose...?" He looked at his hands as he messed with his inhibitor rings. 

I lowered my ears and sighed as I slowly nodded. "I did, but it wasn't because I had feelings for her... I just... wanted to forget you..." I mumbled as I admitted.

Shadow dropped his ears and looked at me. "What...?" His voice broke my heart, but I continued talking.

"It hurt me to know that... You hated me and that... You probably won't ever come back... I decided that it might help me... But it didn't... " I sighed and wiped a tear. "I'm sorry..." I waited for him to shout or hit me, but instead, he hugged me tightly. I quietly sighed in relief and hugged back, happy that he wasn't mad at me.

"I'm sorry too... I didn't mean what I had said... I like you... I always did..." He purred softly and pulled away from the hug.

More tears appeared in my eyes, for no reason what so ever, but I didn't cry, I smiled and took his hand squeezed it. I was emotional from the nightmare so I couldn't quite control my emotions. 

He slightly smiled and wiped my tears then caressed my cheek, I leaned in his touch and purred a little louder, his touch was so warm and calming. I saw him leaning in closer, but I didn't push him away. Instead, I leaned in as well and closed my eyes.

My ears perked up as I felt his lips on mine, everything in my mind faded away as I melted in the kiss and kissed back. His lips were so soft and warm, they made me feel butterflies like never before.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and moved closer as he deepened the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist, it was a magical moment.