Chapter 17

Sonic's P.O.V.
I moved closer to Shadow as we purred softly in the kiss, the most wonderful and loving kiss I've ever had. Sure, I've kissed Amy before, but I always forced myself. This time was different, much different.

I slowly pulled away for air and panted softly as my blush darkened at his handsome smile. I smiled back and hugged him as I tried to calm my blush, it was really odd for me to kiss a male, I've never done that before.

I was about to say something when there was another knock on the door, Shadow groaned lowly and pulled away from the hug. "I should probably leave." He said lowly and stood up.

I slowly nodded and stood up as well. "Yeah, you should." I sighed not really wanting him to leave.

"Sonic." He called my name and I looked at him.

"What is i-" I was cut off when he pecked my lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled softly at me and chaos controlled away.

I was left with a bright red blush and my ears lowered, I quickly shook my head and walked to the door when I finally calmed my blush. I opened it and raised a brow when I saw Tails again. "What's wrong buddy?" I asked when I saw how surprised and shocked he looked.

He slowly shook his head and walked in, I was confused as I looked at him as he tried to speak, he took a deep breath and looked at me dead in the eye and quickly mumbled. "IsawyouandShadowkiss"

I tried to understand what he said, but he mumbled so lowly that it was hard to make out a single word, but I understood that it had to do with Shadow, so I crossed my arms and sighed. "Tails. Really, I don't want to talk about him, he's not back..." I tried to sound convincing, but he just sighed and dropped his ears as he repeated himself, this time slower and more clearly.

"I... Saw you and Shadow kiss..." He lightly blushed and smiled sheepishly. I was speechless, I was caught red-handed, I couldn't lie about it anymore.

I blushed and rubbed my face. 'This can't be happening...' I thought to myself as I tried to find the words to explain what was going on.

"I'm sorry! When I came I heard you cry and someone talking to you, when I looked through the window you-" He apologized but I cut him off before he could finish.

"It's fine..." I sighed and looked at him. "Don't tell anyone." I said with a serious voice, but it was clear I was embarrassed. He slowly nodded and looked at the floor.

"S-so... When... Did he come back...?" He hesitantly asked, I dropped my ears when I realized that he was scared of me.

I walked to him and hugged him tightly, I missed my little brother a lot. "I'm sorry for my actions, I promise I'll explain..." He slowly nodded as he hugged back. "...I don't know when he came back... Rouge took me to his house after I left the party for my birthday..." I answered his question after a bit of silence.

He nodded again and pulled away from the hug. "So... You two are...?" He smiled sheepishly as he continued asking. I lightly blushed and slowly nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were bisexual?" He crossed his arms and raised a brow.

I chuckled quietly and shrugged. "I thought you didn't care."

Tails shook his head. "Are you kidding? Of course, I care!" He laughed softly.

I hummed and sat on the couch. "I'm not even bisexual. I'm gay. Straight up gay." I crossed my arms and looked away.

Tails looked at me confused "But you've dated Amy... And Sally..." He stopped when I glared at him.

"I was forced both times. I'm not attracted to girls in any way." I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"But you've never dated a guy before..." He sat on the armchair and chuckled.

"That doesn't mean anything." I tried to defend myself. "Just because I haven't dated a guy doesn't mean that I'm not gay."

"You're... Right... I guess...?" Tails scratched his head confused to my words. I softly laughed at that and shook my head.

I changed the subject and asked him about his life, we didn't get to talk much at the party because of what happened with Amy and Shadow, who was texting me saying he was an old friend who I thought it was Scourge.

When Tails left, it was almost midnight, so I laid on the couch, still not wanting to go in my room after what had happened, and hugged the teddy bear. I lightly nuzzled it and quietly purred as I slowly fell asleep.