Chapter 12 - Sailing Back to Europe

After surviving a brutal crossing between the mouth of the Amazon River to the first Caribbean islands, the crew of the vessel Isle were able to rest for a couple of lunar cycles in Tobago, an island Aruak, inhabited by indigenous people who were already used to the presence of Europeans on those island beaches. The Norman ship was plentifully replenished with provisions and the sailors were able to explore the tropical lands and bring much news for the long return to Europe.
It was a route still little known by European navigators, only conquering the softest latitudes of the Atlantic Ocean. The problem with the way back was that you had to go way up in the globe to the north until you reached the northernmost regions of the Earth. Only then could they catch the reverse currents, which could take them back to Europe.

This meant strong winds, bad weather, wild waves and icebergs. Few European nations risked going so close to the artwork.
But they left the Caribbean during the right season and arrived on the coast of France, in the Bay of Biscay, in 1515. They landed in a busy French port in the region of this immense bay of rocky beaches, in the vicinity of La Rochelle. They had arrived, more precisely, in the pier of Rouen. They were welcomed as heroes by the French authorities, especially after learning about the treasures in the ship's basements and the discoveries on the southern coast of the new continent and, still, in the Caribbean.

In short, the French maritime mission had passed through a long sequence of good maritime crossings. Many marine projects failed and caused immense damage to their financiers. However, this galleon brought a significant profit to the French coffers. And yet, without too much material loss or human casualties. Fortunately, they had no problems and finally saw the French coast after three years of adventures and looting on the shores and islands of the new continent.
They approached the port, euphoric about the arrival and success of the trip. they tied the ship in an immense urban pier of that busy port. They arrived tired after countless days of sailing from the Caribbean. They landed the goods and slaves in the central market of the city, where they were already waiting for them, many lords and lords, large urban and rural owners of France. They were in the Old World and that place was one of the main French ports in the northern centre of Europe.

The slaves were the most desired items on the boat and would be sold immediately at a popular auction. There was a small group of buyers and curious waiting for the event in a shed adjacent to the pier. A nobleman representing the Earl of Chambord, cleared a lot with five slaves, among them was Wythuya. King Francis would get most of the plots. Indigenous people would be part of the increasingly sophisticated mise-en-scène of the French court.
Jean Fleury, Michel Fere and Mezie de Irizar were among the pirates who frequented the coast of Brazil and who kidnapped Wythuya and the Tupinambás while on the island of the French, situated in the bowels of the Paraguaçu river. These men lived from the abductions of people and products from the tropical regions of the newly discovered continent. Other French who also lived from the same craft had captured Jandira and other Tupinambás months ago and had already landed in Rouen days ago.

Nevertheless, these privateers were very prestigious figures in France. French Navy semi-officers, businessmen, respected and highly valued for the extreme courage to sail the seas and explore new lands for exotic products and new opportunities for the kingdom. And above all, to haunt and pillage the embarkations and settlements of the enemy kingdoms of the Crown, in almost every corner of the planet.
This class of men of various nationalities, reckless, were conquerors of many territories in the New World, mainly at the beginning of the Great Sailing period. For this reason, in the name of God and under the protection of the King, they justified their excesses and sandices during the missions of exploration and conquest. In the end, he shared his treasures and valuable information with the respective creditors. So for years and years, while they lived, they enjoyed the crown's full support for their assaults and looting across European borders, across all the seas and lands of the planet.