Before you go...

P.O.V. Y/N

Darkness. That was all i knew. There was nothing there. Just a empty feeling. Why would he do something like this? I had not seen the signs. Where there any? Had he tried to show me any? Was he feeling like that? So lonely he had no other choice.. Was he really that down without me knowing? Life really must have been hard for him. But not after this. I would make it better. Even if it meant it would be the last thing I did. Even if he would hate me for it. I did not care. I could live with him hating me, but not without him.

That was why I hated this whole situation. He was trapped in his own mind. His body was still recovering. It felt like forever before the doctors told me anything. At first I thought it might have been that they had no idea themselves. That they were waiting to see how he was doing. But then I remembered he had parents. Friends and family who would be contacted first. They visited often, but not as often as me. I tried to avoid his family as much as possible. I was here almost nonstop. It was late. The darkness of the night was almost not a thing. The lights were brighter than ever. My eyes were used to them by now. I sat on my usual spot. Right beside him. I couldn't stand the tubes. I couldn't stand not knowing what they were doing. There were so many tangled up, I kept losing count.

I heard some footsteps stop behind me. Doctors kept coming in here. Taking a look and then they would leave again. Most of the nurses had probably given me the 'you should go home until you get news' speech. All of them now knew I was not going to leave.

"Then you must be y/n." I jumped up at the voice. That voice. I heard it when I waited in the hallway. His mother.. I sat back down. No you were not afraid of this lady. She was not the one who found him. She was not the one who touched his cold skin. She was not the one who sat beside him in the ambulance.

"I might be." I whispered. My voice sounded stronger than I had expected. I was not leaving. She sat down across from me. She looked nothing like him. Maybe he looked more like his father.. I kept my eyes focused on him. He was breathing. That was the thing i focused on most. My ears were focused on the sound of his heartbeat on the monitor.

"He always speaks so much about you." She speaks suddenly. The silence between us was gone. Spoke about me? That was not like him. He barely spoke to his parents.

"He does?" I dared. There was nothing else to talk about with her. She started it.

"When he talks it is mostly about you. I recognized you immediately. You changed your hair back to the way he likes it most," She smiled at those words. I did change my hair back a few weeks ago. I thought he had not cared at all. "I also recognized your bracelets. He gave them to you, didn't he?" How did she know that? The colored bracelets glow in the dark.

'I saw them and know how scared you are of the dark.'

The words haunting me are in his voice as I look at the strange colored pieces.

"He said he wanted to buy them because someone special needed them. He made me drive to three different malls to find them. He was not going to leave without them. That was one hell of a day." She looked really happy to speak about him with me.

"It took him five times to give them to you. He was so nervous, you should have seen him. Each morning he was so red faced and shaking a bit. It really was adorable. He was always so disappointed in himself when he returned home with them." I smiled at those words. Imagining the bracelets in his pocket all that time. Him running around the stores trying to find them. I could barely imagine him dragging his family around. He really did step out of his comfort zone for me.

"I'm getting something to drink for us. And I will not take a no." She was gone before I could protest. He did have her weird way of walking fast..

"Thank god, I thought she would never leave." My heart started racing, sweat breaking out. I reached for his hand.

"Good morning dweeb," I had to hold back my happiness. He rolled his eyes at the word 'dweeb'. "How are you feeling right now?" He rolled his head to my side. His eyes looked different.. He was sleepy. If it wasn't for the situation, I would have called it adorable.

"My throat hurts." That was normal. After what I saw on his charts, I knew why. He moved his hand in my hair. Must be the medication he was getting. Footsteps ended in the room. I turned to be greeted by some familiar faces.

"Miss [Y/L/N], Can you step outside for a second? We need to do some important tests." Behind me was a doctor and a nurse. I nodded turning back.

He squeezed my hand a little tighter, making it impossible for me to leave.

"Before you go-." I had to cut him off. His voice was raw.

"I know. Love you dweeb."