16

Arden trembled as she wrote the last official note. Tears rolling down her face like it was a race for millions of dollars. Arden was putting them in envolpes. One, by, one. Writing their names. Mom and dad, Derek, and then Ashton. It seemed like she didnt have to lick them to stick down, she could just use her tears, but she taped them instead.

Arden questioned herself why she had to be the one they hated.... but that wasn't even the worst part.

You see, Arden and Ashton used to be very close friends. You could never separate them in all middle school to freshman year, but now they're sophmores... and when that happened, Ashton's new friend came along. His name was Derek. Derek is one of the meanest people you'll meet, as for he beats people who did nothing wrong.

Arden was also a sensitive yet optimistic person. She has long wavy light brown hair, eyes as bright as blue sky, and skin as flawless as a beautiful porcelain doll. She also had dimples and freckles, but nobody in her family has them. Even with her beauty, she never wanted to be popular, and often wore really baggy clothes and stayed in the back. Away from people. She never cared about how she looked, and she hoped one day maybe shed be able to find the one she would be with the rest of her life.

Straight A student, beautiful and courageous, and the nicest.

That all changed 2 months into sophomore year. When she started getting bullied. This didnt help her at all. Arden's Parents fought all the time. Always was at work. It also made her the sadest when she realized Ashton never liked her...

But she liked him...

She thought the world was so twisted. As for she had only one thing.

Her peace.

She was always left alone in her room, and she loved it. To think.

Thats all. To think. Then the bullying escalated, and she abused herself too... And now... Here she is. Trembling, scared out of her mind. She didn't know if she was making the right choice?

Leaving her parents notes on the coffee table where they all sat together at dinner, leaving Derek's under his front door, and then stopped in front of Ashton's house. Knocking 3 times before his mother opened the door.

" Can you give this to Ash? " She smiled before his mother nodded and Arden left. Of course, Ashtons mom didnt think anything of it because she didnt know about what Ashton had done. Driving from her town going somewhere far. She lived in a small town.

She drove hours, to get to a hotel with rooftop access. 13 floors. She just smiled sadly and went to the rooftop, but when she got there she was shaking, crying. She walked to the ledge of the roof and held her arms out like a T shape.

Arden was startled when she heard his voice.

" Arden! Please! Don't jump! " Ashton yelled. Arden had no clue how the hell he got there. It was like he was hidden in her car.

" What's the point of living? You hate me. My parents hate me. Everyone does. " She cried. Back faced toward him. She could hear the thud of his knees hitting the roof.

" Please... Don't jump... Please.. " He cried. He said it in defeat. It was clear he didnt want this, but the voices of mind came back.

He's just tricking you again.

He hates you. He always has.

" Please! Don't jump... " He sniffled. begging her.

" I won't jump. " She sighed, relaxing her arms, but still standing on the rooftop ledge. Relief washed over his face when she said that, but it was quickly turned to horror after he heard what she said next.

" I'll just fall off "

...and thats exactly what she did. She turned around facing him, and leaned back, as he yelled her name and tried to grab her.

But he was too late, and she was already flying to her new home.

What was even worse, is that he knew it was all his fault.

Even if she were to say it wasn't.