Chapter 10

A/N:
It's a long chapter so enjoy!

---

Bucky managed to catch her and stay standing with his strength. He just stood there and wrapped his arms around Elle tighter, he hugged her closer and rested his head gently against her shoulder. The others could hear him cry softly.

She moved, he felt it. Bucky thought his mind was playing tricks on him, but she moved again. She grabbed his arms and gasped at the air, trying to breathe properly. Bucky raised his head and looked at her face as she blinked her eyes open and looked around then at him.

"Bucky?" Her throat was hoarse from years of not using it but it was her voice.

"Yes." He sobbed and held her tighter to him.

Steve almost fell to the ground but managed to walk closer to the embracing pair. He wrapped his arms around them and tearfully whispered.

"Elle."

"Steve?" She mumbled, raising her head to look at him.

"Elle." He repeated tearfully as he raised his hand to her face.

"Steve, what happened to you?"

Both super soldiers laughed and hugged her tighter.

"Can not breathe." She patted their backs. Quickly they let go but Bucky still held onto her as he was afraid she'll disappear again.

She pulled back and looked at Bucky for the first time in 70 something years. She looked at him so intensely it reminded Bucky of the first time he saw her when she was skinnier than Steve and their mothers where scared she wouldn't survive. Her hands rubbed the back of his neck where his hair was well past his nape. He felt quite sheepish of his hair because the time they saw each other he had short gelled back hair. He looked like a mess and he was scared of what she thought about him now.

"You're hair has grown longer." Elle mumbled while still examining him. "I like it."

Bucky looked at her shocked and found her smiling at him. He hugged Elle tighter and looked at Steve who was standing close, afraid of what she would do.

Elle of course remembered that Steve had seemed different and bigger. She pulled away from Bucky and turned around to see Steve looking at her.

"You big dumb idiot what did you do!" She stumbled into Steve's arms and finally cried.

Steve had changed he was taller and finally had muscle and she didn't know what to think. Bucky was a bit hard to accept because she could sense that he had changed and was different. But Steve was her older brother who spent years trying to prove himself and she would stand by him no matter what but he had the biggest change of all. He was different inside and out even if it wasn't much. Steve had changed.

"My little Steve." She said as she looked at his face, he gave her a watery smile and answered her question;

"I joined the war Elle, but I had to change, so to speak, and this scientist gave me my dream and I fought and saved Bucky and I loved it. I got my dream."

Elle just smiled and cried finally because so much had changed with her loved ones and she didn't even know what time is was in the day.

"Um Steve?"

"Yes?"

"What time is it?"

Steve didn't know how to answer, maybe he can tell her that 70 years had past since they last saw each other or just let her rest then ease her into the new century. But of course Thor spoke up.

"Why it's the 21st century m'lady." And with a charming bow, Thor missed the shocked look on the poor girl's face.

When Thor straightened himself out, Natasha and Clint hit the back of his head.

"The twentieth century?" Elle asked in a scared voice looking away from Steve to see people in weird attire standing behind him.

She's going to be sick. Bucky must have seen her face turn green because he ran and took her out of Steve's arms gently. He brushed her hair behind her ears as he held her gently trying to soothe the girl.

"Hey it's okay, you have me and Steve here." He said in the most caring voice he could muster with everyone else shocked about how caring he could be. Steve just stood near them grinning like a fool at the couple.

"B-But, it's not even our century, we shouldn't be this young. Howard promised that he would wake me up in ten minutes but I guess he forgot, didn't he?"
Elle spoke as she held onto Bucky for support.

"Wait my dad put you in this thing?" Tony spoke up.

Elle nodded. "He had this 'time-stopping' program that was to allow you to sleep till they woke you up in the right time. I was the first subject and was supposed to be woken up in ten minutes of being in the capsule." Elle looked at Tony, then Steve and finally Bucky. "I guess something happened for me to stay asleep for so long."

"Well atleast your here now with us, Elle." Steve tried to lighten the mood. Elle nodded then smiled at him.

She yawned and leaned into Bucky a little bit more, her eye lids where slowly going shut and she was to say the least, exhausted after all that had happened.

Bucky saw her trying to stay awake and picked her up so he could put her to bed.

"You tired?" He whispered to her.

In response he got a nod another yawn. As he walked up the stairs and out of the basement with Steve and everyone else following. Bucky walked to his room that was inbeteeen Steve and Sam's room.

The door opened automatically and when he stepped through the threshold he look to see Elle fast asleep in his arms. Placing her on the bed and covering her with the lush blankets, he walked out the room quietly and faced all the avengers that crowded outside the door.

"She's asleep I'll stay with her so she doesn't get confused when she wakes up." Bucky said looking at Steve.

"It'll be good for her to have someone she knows when she wakes up, I'll switch with you later so you can do your mission or get food or something." Bucky nodded at him and walked back into the room.

He could hear everyone outside the slowly and quietly dispersing as he sighed. He looked back to the girl on his bed and couldn't hold back a smile and a few tears. After all, he thought she was dead or had a family with some other man.

With that thought he climbed onto the bed softly and took his love into his arms, ready to face anything because she was back. Finally.