25. Saving Each Other

Start from the beginning

"Actually..." I started but I didn't have any words to proceed ahead.

"Aww... shy about your wedding already!" She teased.

And that I guess ticked off the ladies here. I heard Uméma snickering, Nada choking on her food, Mom grinning, Azra giggled and Rehanna, she just blushed. I observe things very keenly, you see.

"Uh no it's nothing like that." I managed to say.

And Uméma distracted everyone by starting off some another topic.

I was eating my food when Nada started choking on her food again.

"I know you are a gorilla but you can eat slowly too. The food won't run away." I said passing a glass of water to her.

"No Idiot! It's you who is a gorilla not me and I am rushing because Alizah is upstairs sleeping and she might wake up soon that's why I am stuffing my face." Nada said once she was done drinking water.

"I miss her. I didn't get to see her today. You eat peacefully, I'll go to Alizah, hmm?" I wiped my face getting up.

I went upstairs to the room across me and saw Alizah sleeping peacefully. Just a look at her bubbly face and all the tension is gone.

I went near her caressed her cheeks when her eyes fluttered open.

Oh shoot!

"Umm you can go back to sleep baby girl." I tried to explain her by motioning my hands in the air but she did nothing but stared at me with her wide emerald eyes and the next thing which she did was adorable. She yawned. She freaking yawned and that was so cute.

I cannot believe that it is me who is fangirling about a six-month-old. Since I was fifteen I had no time of all these things. All because of the person who is apparently Dad. Scratch 'is' it's 'was'.

And after yawning, her lips tugged down and tears welled up in her eyes and she started crying.

Oh God no!

I took her in my arms and tried to calm her down. I rocked her back and forth went near the window so that she stops crying but all my hardwork got vain.

Why she must be crying?

"Hey baby girl, what happened to my munchkin?" I heard a familiar voice. Only one person can call Alizah with different kinds of nicknames. Nada.

"Hey! Give her to me." She stretched her hands out and I reluctantly gave Alizah to her. I just wanted Alizah to relax.

"I have got her food. Pass me that bottle." Nada commanded and sat on the bed, cross-legged, and laid Alizah on her lap.

"Here." I passed the baby bottle to her.

"Why do I hear a baby crying?" Azra came in the room and her eyes got wide.

"Oh my God! A BABY?! A freaking baby?!" She said walking towards Alizah.

Oh God how am I supposed to handle her too?

"WHICH LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOU BOTH?!" She continued. Ya Allah!

"Why are you shouting Azi?" Uméma said entering the room.

Oof- too many ladies to handle.

"Is it Fahad's and Nada's kid?!" Azra exclaimed.

"NO!" I and Nada said together. We didn't lie though. We are not her real parents.

"Then?"

"She is my baby." Nada cleared the doubt.

"Oh! I thought it's yours because it has Fahad's hair and your eyes." Again that same thing.

"No Azzi. How could you be so stupid? Just because she looks like both of them doesn't mean that it's their baby. Alizah is Nada and her husband's daughter, okay? Let's go now. We have a lot to catchup." Uméma interrupted and dragged Azra from here.

"How are we supposed to hide it for a long time?" I heard Nada whisper.

"It's okay. You chill, we all are in this together. Sleep for now." I told her.

"It's not easy Fahad!"

"I said. I told that we can tell them about our marriage!" I said angrily.

"I, very well, know that why you wanted to say so that Rehanna can back off!"

"N-"

"Don't you try to deny that!" She gritted her teeth at me.

"So what? What will be the other reason? Do we love each other! Heck no! Infact we hate each other." I bursted out.

"Fine you were correct. Sorry it was my fault." She said and turned her head away.

Is she upset now? Why do I care?

"Whatever." I said and stormed out of the room.

I straightaway went to my room switched off the lights and went to sleep on my bed.

Now it was kinda weird sleeping on my own bed. And one thing too that the bed now smells like her too.

I might just go psycho because of this drama.

Asalamwalaikum and hello people! New day, new chapter. Hope you liked it. Comment and vote about it.

Also, let me know your favourite part of the chapter.

And guys, stay home it's really important for your health. Until then thank you, AllahHafiz, bye and take care ^_^

CHAPTER ORIGINALLY WRITTEN ON: 14/07/19
CHAPTER REWRITTEN/EDITED AND PUBLISHED ON: 23-05-20