Chapter 2: I Learn That I Have a Spirited Niece. (Edited)

Start from the beginning

      "What's her name?" 

     "Percila Jackson. Dick, Wally's not invited until after she gets settled, that does not mean sneak him in later. Now, it's time for bed you will be meeting her in the morning and you can ask her questions then." I tell them. I look at Harley to see how she feels about this.

      "Well, it would be good ta have another girl here, she can help keep these boys in line." She says, I smile and tell the boys to go to bed, then head out to do patrol.

.-*-.

      The next morning I wake up at 6, and go find Alfred. I find him in the kitchen, getting ready to prepare breakfast. 

       "I will be heading out and will be back by about one." I tell him. I grab a croissant and head to the garage where I get into my Mercedes Benz and arrive at the police department in about three hours. There is a female officer sitting at the front desk when I come in and asks. 

      "How may I help you?"

      "I am here to talk to Officer Folker about Percila Jackson." I tell her. She presses a buzzer and the door opens. "

      "Her office is down the hall, third door to your right. I'll buzz her to let her know your here." I nod, then walk down the hall until I come across it. It's a plain white door, but it has a black nameplate with silver writing that says, Captain Folker. I knock on the door and a few moments later, a woman with light brown hair and light green eyes steps through the door. 

      "You must be Mr. Wayne, come in, I would like to discuss some things about Percila with you." she says as she sits down behind a brown mahogany desk that had neatly stacked papers to one side of her desk. I sit in across from her and ask. 

      "What do you want to discuss?"

      "We did an examination on her this morning, she is alright physically except she is blind. This is new since before last night, none of her records have shown that she was blind, and when we asked about it, she refused to say a word. She also has extremely high ADHD. "

      "Does she take medicine?" I ask.

      "No sir, we asked her why and all she said was that it would put her in danger. She would't explain how though." she explained. 

      "I would like to meet her." I said. Folker nodded. 

      "One more thing, she has a genetic disorder,  we don't know what it's called, but we do know that her days could be numbered. She will be able to explain it to you better than I can." She said and lead me outside. 

      "I had her wait in another officers office, follow me." She lead me further down the hall, then took a left when the hall intersected with another hall. We went down that one for a few doors, then she paused at the fifth office to the left. The door was like the Captains', but it said, Sergeant Storge. She knocked on the door, then opened it. The desk was the same as the Captains, but there was not as many papers. I scanned the room and saw a girl who looked about 16 or 17, with what looked like a husky laying at her feet with a harness on. The moment I stepped in, she turned her eyes to me and I was struck with the color of her eyes. They were a deep sea green that would constantly move, her hair was black, but had a grey strip and was in a braid that reached to her waist. She stood up as I made my way inside and looked straight at me. Captain Folker came in behind me and started to talk to my niece.