Chapter #15

Last Chapter:

I then look back at my mother and father with a smile knowing that everything will be alright and that I will see Kai soon.

-----------------------------------------------

It's been around six months since I got back home and life has been better. I haven't ran away again but don't get me wrong, I thought about it for a month after I got back.

But, I think my brother knew that I was thinking about it because he wouldn't let me leave his sight for more than a minute.

Although, I think that it was more than just him wanting to stop me from running away but more along the lines that he was afraid that I would disappear again. Anyways, I'm right now in a carriage on my way to go see Kai. I've been waiting for this day since I left. It had been exactly six months since I left the Granzreich family.

So I thought today would be the best day to visit. Victor knew that I was on my way there because I sent him a letter ahead of time and asked him to not let any of his sons know or Heine.

I want it to be a surprise. All Victor was allowed to tell them was that they had a special guest coming to visit them after breakfast was over with.

I then felt the carriage came to a stop and took a peak out of the curtain that was covering one of the windows to see all of them waiting outside; Victor, Kai, Bruno, Leo, Licht, and Heine.

I gave a smile as I let the curtain go and the door to the carriage opened up. All they could see was my dress but then Victor walked up to the carriage and put his hand out for me.

I gave him a smile and he gave one back as I took his hand. I then stepped out of the carriage and once my feet touched the ground, I let go of Victor's hand.

I then looked up at the group saying "I'm back." All of them but Heine were frozen. I then saw some maids take my stuff inside as the carriage left. "Welcome back, Princes Maria." Heine said to me.

I nodded my head and said "I'm happy to be back." That was when Licht ran up to me and gave me a hug which I gladly returned. "You're back!" he screamed.

I let out a laugh and he let me go so I did the same saying "Just for a few weeks." Each brother but Kai came over to greet me and give me a hug. But when it was just Kai left, I walked over to him.

We both were quiet until tears came down my face and I gave him a hug. I missed him a lot and I think he knew that because he hugged me back.

My tears of happiness ran down my face as I continued to hug him; I didn't want to let go but I knew that I would have to sooner or later. Kai then said "I've missed you." I hugged him tighter saying "I've missed you too."

The two of us continued to hug until my crying had stopped and then we let go of each other. Kai then grabbed my hand saying nothing and went off running.

I ran with him as I laughed; I already knew where we were going. The only place in the whole palace that we can be ourselves. When we reached there, Kai pulled me to him as he fell onto the ground.

I smiled as my head landed on his chest and I closed my eyes. The two of us fell asleep under our special tree just like on the day before I left for home.

But now, I get to do this for three weeks without any parents or siblings bugging me to come inside because I was getting dirty.

I love my life.