"Dad!" I cut him off, throwing my arms up and looking at him in disbelief.

"Fine, fine, I'm just saying if–" He started again.

"Okay! You know what? That's enough, we're all good on that topic, let's move on!" I announced, clapping my hands together and plastering a fake smile on my lips.

"Okay." He agreed, nodding his head for a moment as if he was thinking of a new topic.

"So onto STD's–" He started talking and before I could tell at him, the doorbell rang.

I sighed in relief as he paused in the middle of his sentence and turned to look at me.

"I'll just go get that." I spoke in a girly voice, smiling sweetly at my Dad as I stood up from the couch.

I heard him scoff and chuckle as I left the living room and I smiled to myself, shaking my head.

I jogged over to the front door and didn't bother to look through the peephole, already knowing who it was as I pulled the heavier door open.

"Hey." Ethan greeted softly, smiling down at me from where he stood in the doorway.

I chuckled lightly and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hey." I said back and he crinkled his nose at me, a grin stretching across his lips.

"I missed you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"We saw each other literally yesterday." I mentioned.

"Harsh." He spoke, placing a hand over his heart in mock hurt.

"But do you know what else I missed?" His voice dropped down an octave, almost suggesting a seductive tone and my stomach sunk.

"What?" I whispered, feeling like I couldn't breathe with the way his eyes seemed to darken a few shades.

His gaze flicked up and down my body in a split second and if I wouldn't have been completely entranced by the way he was gently biting down on his lip, then I wouldn't have noticed.

"I missed...I missed..I missed when you would actually invite me inside instead of just making me stand in the doorway like an idiot." He stated, his expression going flat and my jaw dropped.

"Fuck you, Dolan!" I said, shoving at his chest while he let out a loud laugh.

I let out a huff, not finding it funny as I readjusted my shorts as nonchalantly as possible.

Ethan, however, noticed and his laughter died down into a look of slight disbelief.

"Did you..were you actually turned on by that?!" He asked, his eyes wide and I slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Shut. Up." I mumbled, widening my eyes momentarily at him.

"Oh shit is your Dad here?" His voice was muffled against my palm as he spoke and I nodded sternly.

"What did you turn on Em?" My Dad called out from the living room and my mind raced with excuses.

"Uhm-uh–just the uh-oven! Just the oven Dad! Ethan's here and we're gonna make cookies!" I yelled back and heard a grunt come from down the hall, signalling that he heard me.