NINETEEN

Emma Pov.

My whole body felt hot, yet I had the shivers of coldness at the same time. I blinked my eyes open slowly, my eyelashes getting stuck together slightly from...crying earlier. I looked around slightly & saw that I was lying on top of a sleeping Ethan, who looked very uncomfortable by the way his back was bent between the floor & the wall. I could feel two large spots on my back that felt like they were burning, but not painfully. I realized those two spots were Ethan's large hands once I shifted how I was laying. I looked up at his face. His lips were parted peacefully as he slept but his eyebrows painted a stressful expression onto his tanned face. Memories from what happened earlier in the day & what had led up to this moment flooded my mind. My father, walking in the cold without a destination or a hoodie, Ethan picking me up & trying to comfort me, Grayson & Ethan....fighting. I sighed when I remembered the fight that the twins had. Ethan seemed to not be close with Grayson in the first place, but now that Grayson practically choked him out....he probably hated his brother with a passion. Grayson had just misinterpreted what was happening & immediately jumped to the old conclusion of his twin hurting me.

I slowly sat up on Ethan's lower stomach, removing his large hands from my back gently & placing them onto his chest. I carefully stood up over him in the dark room & a wave of nausea flooded through me, causing me to gasp & stumble back so that I landed on the edge of Ethan's bed. I felt sick. I put my hand over my mouth, making sure I wasn't gonna puke. It didn't feel like I was going to, I just felt shitty & like I'd been hit by a bus. I felt comfortably warm though. I looked down at the sleeve of my hoodi-Ethan's hoodie? I tilted my head down at myself & saw that I was I indeed wearing Ethan's white 'Playboy' hoodie. I brought the back of my hand up to feel my forehead, touching the heated skin. I didn't feel good at all. My stomach churned & my eyes widened in realization as I stood up hastily from Ethan's bed & stumbled quickly out into the hallway, my shoulder slamming against the door to Ethan's room. I ignored the loud sound echoing through the hallway & darted to the bathroom, falling onto my knees to empty my stomach out into the porcelain toilet. My hands gripped the sides of the toilet bowl tightly as the skin on my knuckles turned white. I breathed heavily as another wave of bile rushed up my throat, tilting my head down toward the water again.

"Emma?!" I heard a raspy voice exclaim from the doorway of the bathroom & I groaned as I sat back against the side of the bathtub, looking up at Ethan. His dark hair was messy & disheveled as he stared at me with his eyebrows furrowed. This is so fucking embarrassi-"Ethan get the fuck out!" I yelled as I felt myself about to puke again, leaning back over the toilet as stressed tears spilled down my flushed cheeks. I suddenly felt a pair of hands brushing my hair back & I tried to shove him away, being embarrassed but he wouldn't budge. My stomach felt utterly empty. I flushed the toilet & sniffled, leaning back against whatever was behind me, which just so happened to be Ethan's legs. I moved away as he let go of my hair gently. I drew my legs up against my chest as I stared at the ground. I felt like shit. "You okay?" Ethan asked quietly, sitting down across from me on the tiled floor. I began nodding my head but then shook it, placing my hands under Ethan's hoodie I was wearing so my slender fingers rested on my aching stomach. "I feel like shit." I groaned out & let out a small dry chuckle, wiping the tears away from under my eyes. Ethan gave me a small smile, reaching his hands up to rub his eyes as his chest noticeably moved up & down rhythmically when he breathed.

It was silent in the small bathroom for a few moments before Ethan suddenly stood up & held his hand out for me to take, which I accepted hesitantly & he pulled me up as I stood on shaky legs from the adrenaline rush I had just witnessed. "Come on, we have some medicine in the kitchen I think. But you can brush your teeth a second if you want." He explained, dropping his hand from mins & gesturing at the counter where my extra toothbrush sat for whenever I would hangout with Grayson. Speaking of Grayson, I wonder how he's doing after Ethan yelled at him & the whole fight happened. I knew Grayson could actually be pretty soft & sensitive sometimes, but Ethan....not so much.