ONE

Emma Pov.

I sighed as I sat up & tapped my phone's alarm off, my blankets slowly slipping off my body as I leaned forward to see my phone better.

As I scrolled through Twitter all I saw was post after post about how today is the first day of the second year at high school. Everybody was so damn excited.

In all honesty, I really wasn't that thrilled. It's only the second year....& it's just high school. I also wasn't excited to see him. But, I was excited to see my friends since it's been almost all summer without them. I was too busy being forced by my dad to work at any job I could get. I complained at the time, but now I'm quite happy because I have a good amount of money saved up to spend throughout the year.

I came out of my thoughts, realizing that I was just blankly staring at the black screen of my phone.

I stepped out of my bed and trudged to my bathroom to get ready, taking a quick shower so that I could shave my legs.

After my shower I got dressed in a pair of blacked ripped jeans & a white 'Thrasher' t-shirt, not feeling the need to dress up. I put on some simple makeup, consisting only of mascara and a small amount of eyeliner. I also straightened my long brown hair before grabbing my gym bag, phone & made a quick iced latte for breakfast.

My dad was already at work-shocker-so I simply went out the door & got into my Subaru, shoving the key into the ignition. I turned on the radio after hearing the engine start up & turned the volume up as well.

It was only a seven minute drive to school but I still never felt the need to walk when I could just drive. I was humming along to Billie Eilish as I pulled into the school's parking lot & found a spot to park, cutting out the engine and stepping out into crisp air. I guess I didn't pay much attention to the weather when I dressed this morning because it was much colder than I had expected.

I let out an irritated huff, seeing my frosty breath as I shoved my hands into my jean pockets.

Suddenly I felt a large weight on my back and I gasped in surprise as the weight wrapped itself around me. "Hey bitch." Said somebody from behind me and I smirked. "Sup hoe?" I countered and turned my head, glancing behind me to see my friend Ellie on my back. She laughed and jumped off of me, looping her arm around my shoulders & walking next to me instead.

"So where were you the whole summer?!" Ellie practically yelled in my ear and I cringed. "My mom made me work. The whole three months." I replied with an annoyed tone just thinking about it. "Oh, that sucks. We could have had so much fun." She whined and I chuckled as we entered the building.

When we were finally inside, I began to scan the hallways & look at everyone.

A lot of people had changed, whether it was new piercings or tattoos, boyfriends even.

Ellie left my side & walked over to where I'm assuming her locker is, to get her things for first period.

I reached into my back pocket of my jeans and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper that had my locker number on it. I had already memorized all of my classes since they were basically the same as last year but a few were in a different order.

I uncrumpled the note between my slim fingers & read what it said; number 33. How convenient, 33 is my favorite numbe-I was ripped out of thinking as I ran into somebody and stumbled, falling onto the cheaply carpeted floor.

I sucked in a breath before looking up to see who it was, already knowing by the checkered 'Vanz' they were wearing. I was met with dark green, almost brown eyes & ruffled black hair. Ethan Dolan. I swallowed slowly.