𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆; 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒅.

𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

When it said she was typing, my heart skipped a beat. My palms grew sweaty around my phone as I anxiously waited for her to reply. She stopped typing.

I didn't think much of it, she was probably unsure of what to say. I knew I wouldn't know what to say if I was her. But when she didn't reply for minutes, and I saw it said Ronnie wasn't active, I lost hope.

I buried my head in my hands and started to sob.

Why on earth did I leave her behind?

Daniel walked into our room and I put my phone under the pillow quickly and tried to portray a believable sleeping position. 

"Corbyn, I know you're awake." Daniel sighed. I opened one eye, seeing Daniel frowning as he shut the door. "You need to get some sleep."

"I know, I know." I sighed, sitting up and rubbing my head. "I'm just stressed."

"The best way to cure stress is sleep." Daniel yawned, taking off his shirt and clambering into his bed, across from mine.

"How am I supposed to get to sleep if I'm stressed?" I asked. There was silence.

"Night, Corbyn." Daniel finally said. I sighed, falling back onto my pillow.

"Night, Daniel," I said. I heard Daniel snoring within minutes, but I was wide awake. I wiped the tears from my face and closed my eyes, trying to think of everything and anything but Ronnie, which was really difficult.

Really difficult.

𝒗𝒆𝒓ó𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

I turned around the ring on my finger, not Corbyn's one. I put that away months ago. This one was Mateo's. My engagement ring.

I put my head in my hands as my eyelids drooped, I was going to knock out any minute. 

It was the next day, and I was due to write invites, well, then. But I was too worried about how I would reply to Corbyn. Stupid, I know. I was engaged to Mateo and I was worried about how I would reply to some guy who I thought I'd lost contact with

The guy who I thought I'd lost feelings for.

Now I just didn't know.

And it was only day one of wedding planning and I was already sick and tired of it. I thought it would be fun, decorating and planning what I was going to wear and look like, but turns out it just drained me.

"Querida." Mateo bent down and kissed me on the cheek. I jumped, knocking some of the invitations off the table. He looked startled. "I didn't mean to frighten you."

"No, it's ok," I assured, although I didn't sound ok. I bent down to pick up the invitations and Mateo helped me. I rubbed my throbbing forehead, I had no energy to sound upbeat at that point.

"Are you alright?" He asked, brushing my cheek before cupping my chin in his palm.

"Yeah, just tired." I nodded, slowly. My head felt so heavy, I could barely hold it steady.

"I'll take care of the invitations, you go rest." Mateo rubbed my back and nodded towards upstairs. 

"Ok." I said, "I'll see you in the morning." I got up and made my way, sluggishly, towards the stairs, taking my phone with me.

"Te amo," Mateo called after me. I stopped and turned around.

"Te amo." I smiled, weakly before making my way up the stairs.