𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆; 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆.

𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓃𝑜 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝑜𝓃. 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒾 𝒸𝒶𝓃 "𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀" 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝒻𝒻, 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔. 𝒾 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝑜𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝓃𝓊𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓈𝑜𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓁 𝓂𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒶. 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒾 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈. 

𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒.𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒.

Tears fell from my eyes and smudged the ink on the page. I wiped my eyes and took a long, shaky breath. 

𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

It's for the best, it's for best. Quoted by every single person I know. 

I didn't feel like my best, I felt like a shitty person.

I was a shitty person. 

"Wow, look at that girl! She's hot!" Jack pointed to the screen where some film Jonah had put on was playing. The girl had long, dark hair with tanned skin. I teared up as the others agreed.

"Yeah, wow." Daniel nodded. 

"Corbyn, what do you-,"

"She looks like Ronnie." I burst out crying and put my head in my hands. Jonah frowned at the others and they all mirrored his expression.

"C'mon man..." Jonah got up from his seat to sit next to me, rubbing my back. "How about we go to Taco Bell?" 

"Taco Bell was the only fast food restaurant Ronnie liked to eat at." I sniffed, "She said it reminded her of-,"

"DUDE. You need to snap out of it." Zach interrupted. I knew he was just trying to help, but they didn't stop me from getting mad. I stood up, fuming. Zach flinched.

"You wouldn't be able to snap out of it! I loved Ronnie! She was the only person I've fallen in love with! Heck, I still love her! I'm still in love with her!" I yelled, angry tears streaming down my tears. I took a step towards Zach, he stepped back.

"Corb, just calm-," Daniel tried, grabbing my shoulder. 

"And now I'm never gonna see her again! Because I left her behind? Do you know how much of a shitty feeling that is? Leaving someone you love behind, and for what?" I continued to shout, "And now, I-,"

"I'm sorry!" Zach shouted back. His eyes had started to fill with tears from me shouting at him so much. I forgot how sensitive he was. I stopped myself and looked around at the guys. They were all looking at me like I should be stayed well away from. 

"I-I..." I muttered, looking down at my feet. "I'm just gonna go to bed, I think." 

"No, it's ok-," Jack tried stopping me.

"I'm alright." I assured, "I'm just tired." There was a short silence.

"See you in the morning, man." Jonah patted me on the back. I nodded to him and made my way up the stairs. 

I fell backwards onto my bed and took in a deep breath, in an attempt to calm down my rapid breathing. My heart was pounding so hard it felt as if it was going to burst through my chest. I put a hand to my forehead, it was boiling. 

I removed my hand and took another deep breath.

"I love you, Ronnie."

𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓.
𝒗𝒆𝒓ó𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

"I'm telling you, Abuela. Mateo is no es para mí." I shook my head and held Abuela's hands in mine. She looked at me like she didn't believe me.

"And yet, you have said 'te amo' and he calls you, 'querida'," Abuela said, letting go of my hands. "You amor each other!"

"I know." I sighed, "But it doesn't sentirse bien."

"Who else would you be with?" Abuela asked.

"I... I don't know." I said.

"Mateo is your future." Abuela insisted, "You must get married."

"What?" I said, "Abuela, I can't get married."

"Por qué no?" Abuela asked, growing gradually angrier. I flinched. Abuela's face softened. "Me disculpo, mariposa." She apologised, "But I know this is right for you. You just have to see it too." 

"I guess you're right." I shrugged. Abuela grinned as wide as her wrinkled cheeks would let her. 

"Then, Mateo will propose." Abuela nodded, "The wedding will be la próxima semana!"

"Next week?" I asked.

"It is a tradition that the engaged couple does not wait, they are too in love to wait." Abuela shrugged, "Your mamá and papá did the same thing, as well as me and your abuelo." I smiled at that.

"Ok, Abuela." I kissed her on the tip of her nose. "I will go find Mateo."

"Unless he finds you first." Abuela nodded, "He has been waiting his entire life for this day, I do not doubt he already has a ring." 

I didn't know how to feel about that, but my excitement was taking over any other emotion at that moment.

I ran down the cobbled streets to Mateo's papá's shop, a grin on my face. Some people gave me odd looks, others smiled at me. I ignored them all. 

Mateo was there when I got there. 

"Querida!" He grinned, hugging me tightly. 

"Señor." I smiled as broke apart. "Abuela says nos casamos." Mateo grinned somewhat bigger and nodded.

"She is right." He agreed, "We will." Mateo kissed me passionately. "Espera aquí. I will get the ring." He kissed my hand before running out of the shop. I laughed at his excitement. My phone pinged, I looked at it, my smile faded.

It was a dm from Corbyn. 

corbynbesson:
i'm probably the last person you want to hear from. but i just want to be able to talk to you again. i understand if you don't wanna talk.

My breath caught in my throat, I didn't know what to do. The minute I was getting engaged and the boy I never lost feelings for decides to reach out to me, again. It was so cliche. I slid the notification open and started to type.

why have you decided to te

I turned my phone off as soon as I saw Mateo running back, I would message Corbyn later. 

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.
"𝑺𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏' 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, "𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝑰 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑩𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒍""