𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒐; 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓.

"Wow. The food..." I mumbled between mouthfuls. I pointed my fork repeatedly at the bowl of spaghetti. "Fancy pasta is good."

"Fancy pasta is the best." Corbyn agreed, gesturing to his bolognese. I nodded and smiled.

"Where are we going after this?" I asked. Corbyn paused and smiled before asking,

"Have you heard of Bea Miller?" 

"Uhm... no." I shook my head.

"She's an incredible singer," Corbyn explained.

"Well, Bea Rivera will be thrilled to know she's named after a singer." I smiled. I wondered how Bea was doing back in the hospital, I frowned at the thought.

"And she wrote a song called 'buy me diamonds'." Corbyn finished his mouthful, "And the lyrics in the chorus go something like this 'Give me something I can hold, that I can trust and call my own, that won't run out and leave me cold. Save your love and buy me diamonds'."

"I don't get your point." I raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm going to buy you diamonds. Because when you move away, I won't be with you. So, I'm giving you something you hold, that you can trust and call your own, it won't run out and leave you cold..." Corbyn gestured towards me, "I'm saving our love by buying you diamonds." 

"Well, you've definitely put a lot of thought into that," I admitted, slightly taken aback by his cringy yet sweet gesture. "But you know what I'm going to say..."

"That I'm spending more money on you? I figured you would say that..." Corbyn looked disappointed, "Which is why..." He picked up a navy blue, small bag with white tissue paper. I didn't even wanna open it. So, I passed time by asking,

"How did you sneak that in without me noticing?"

"I put in under my shirt, tucked in my jeans, hence why it's slightly creased." Corbyn laughed, "You're so oblivious." 

I took out a small box and inside was a ring, with a small but beautiful diamond on it.

"Oh my god. Corbyn, I-," Before I could finish my sentence, I was cut off by everyone clapping. As I looked up, they were all grinning at us. Once they had finished, I asked, "What the hell just happened?"

And before Corbyn could answer, the waiter brought over a dessert.

"There you go." The waiter said in his strong Italian accent.

"Oh, we didn't order this." I looked up at him and shook my head.

"It's for free." The waiter grinned before walking away. I raised an eyebrow, Corbyn looked like he was about to explode with laughter. 

"What on earth is..." I looked at the dessert. Two large scoops of ice cream with flakes and cream, with the words 'Just Engaged' written in chocolate sauce.

"They think I proposed." Corbyn burst out laughing. I pretended to be offended.

"I... I thought you did." I stammered. Corbyn stopped laughing and looked at me, dead serious. "Oh my god, Corbyn, I'm joking." It was my turn to burst out laughing now.

"That's not funny." Corbyn buried his head in his hands and tried not to smile, "I think my heart literally stopped." I just laughed harder before kissed him on the forehead.

"The Hollywood sign?" I asked as the uber dropped us off at the bottom of the mountain. 

"What did you think we'd be doing? You're in a sports bra, basketball shorts and hiking shoes. I'm wearing no shirt, loose shorts and also some hiking shoes." Corbyn raised his eyebrows at me.

"I don't know, working out?" I groaned as Cobryn took my hand and started to pull me along with him up the trail. 

"This is a workout." Corbyn smiled.

We had only been walking for about an hour and a half before I grew so tired my legs couldn't walk anymore, the only reason I had been fighting through the last hour and a half was because of Corbyn's spontaneous personality. 

I sat down on a rock, Corbyn looked like he was just getting started. 

"Two minutes," I said to him.

"No! Come on, we have like half an hour left if we speed walk." Corbyn groaned, putting his hands on his hips. 

"Make that five minutes." I leaned back and rested my head on the rock behind. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, Corbyn walked over to me and crouched down, his back facing me.

"Come on." Corbyn sighed, "Jump on." 

"You won't be able to carry me." I raised my eyebrows.

"Are you joking? You weigh literally nothing." Corbyn laughed.

"No, you're just strong," I said, jumping on his back. He stood up and I shuffled about a bit until I was comfortable. Corbyn walked up the trail with ease, barely panting at all. 

When we got to the top, my jaw dropped as I looked over the city of LA.

"Well, this is it." Corbyn smiled as I jumped off his back.

"It's beautiful." I managed to say.

𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

"Just like you, my love." I smiled, getting out my phone and taking a picture of her without her noticing. Ronnie's back was to me as she looked over LA. It was a beautiful picture. I posted it on my story and set it as my home screen.

"I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice how pretty LA was," Ronnie said, breathlessly. A lump appeared in my throat because was she was saying was, I've realised it's this pretty and now I'm moving away.

I hung my head and wiped tears away from my eyes. I couldn't think about that, I needed to cherish these moments with her. Who knows when I'll see her again? 

Ronnie must've sensed something was up because she came to sit down on a rock next to me and we both just sat in each other's company. She rested her head on my shoulder and sniffed.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I whispered. 

"And I, you," Ronnie said. That was all that was said for several minutes. I kissed away the tears running down her cheeks. 

How could I tell her I loved her?

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆.
"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑺𝒂𝒘 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓"