𝒅𝒐𝒔; 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈.

𝑽𝒆𝒓ó𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗.

"Yeah." I laughed, awkwardly as I looked around. "I can see that." The guy laughed along with me. I was so confused, why was this attractive guy talking to me? I had been in LA for a year, with no boyfriend, because I had found absolutely no one attractive, and now I had found this guy, the night before I left for Brazil.

God, is love at first sight actually a thing? Because it sure felt like it. It also had de mierda timing.

"I'm Corbyn Besson." He smiled at me, "Thanks." He said to the guy who handed him his drink. The bartender handed mine to me as well, and I mumbled a thank you. 

"I'm Verónica De Leon." I half-smiled. Corbyn's eyes widened a bit when I said my name.

"Is that like... Spanish?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded, "I'm from Cuba." 

"No, way." Corbyn's jaw dropped before he started to smirk, "I knew I saw something foreign walk through the door." 

"Guess you were right then." I shrugged.

"Wanna dance?" Corbyn suggested.

"I like your vibe," I admitted. 

"That's real." Corbyn grinned.

 "But I'd better go deliver this drink to my cousin." I picked up Bea's drink while still holding mine and started to walk away.

"No, Verónica, wait-," Corbyn touched my shoulder lightly, but it was enough for me to turn back around to face him.

"Listen, Corbyn, I don't do one night stands." I shook my head. Corbyn looked slightly surprised, I felt as if I had said the wrong thing. My face flushed a dark red. 

"I was hoping we could be something more than that," Corbyn said with a smile.

"Corbyn, I'm moving to Brazil tomorrow." I sighed. His face fell.

"Forever?" Corbyn said, sounding really upset. 

"For a year, and then I'm moving to Cuba." I explained, "So unless you love me, there's no point starting something we can't finish."

"What if I think I do love you?" Corbyn asked. I was about to laugh, but his face looked so serious that it just didn't seem appropriate. 

"You're joking, right?" This time, I let out a short laugh. "Corbyn, I met you five minutes ago."

"It's just a feeling." Corbyn said, edging closer to me, "Ever heard of love at first sight?"

"Corbyn..." I sighed.

"I'm serious." Corbyn said, "Give me a chance." 

I looked through the window next to the door where I saw Bea, she had a drink in her hand already. I guess she didn't need the one that was in my hand. 

"Ok." I nodded, downing my drink. "But only because you're gorgeous," Corbyn smirked and led me to where everyone was dancing. 

Maybe it was the overwhelming fact I was moving to Brazil tomorrow, maybe it was the alcohol coursing through my veins, or maybe it was how charming and attractive Corbyn was, but I thought it was love at first sight too.

We danced for what seemed like hours, Corbyn spinning me around and then my back was against him and his arms were wrapped around me, we slowly swayed to the music. I hadn't felt this kind of happiness in a long time.

"Corbyn!" Somebody shouted from not far off. Corbyn and I both turned our heads towards the voice. A young guy came rushing over.

"Zach, is everything alright?" Corbyn asked, his arms still wrapped around me.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. I found Daniel, in one of the bedrooms with some chick. They're gonna go to the nearest hotel, I think Jonah's taking a girl there too. Jack's just woken up, so we might as well go to the hotel too." Zach shrugged, "You wanna come with?"

"What? No. It's only midnight." Corbyn pointed out, "I'm staying here." Zach raised his eyebrows at me and smiled. 

"Alright, see you in the morning." He sighed, turning to leave. 

"I feel a bit more relaxed, now I know there won't be any bandmates watching us." Corbyn smiled.

"Hold up, bandmates?" I spun around to face him and Corbyn grabbed my waist like it was a dance move. 

"Yeah, I'm in a band." Corbyn shrugged like it was nothing, "That doesn't change your opinion on me, does it?" He smirked.

"Makes you seem hotter, sure." I smiled, "What wouldn't you have done if they were watching?"

"This." Corbyn kissed my cheek, "And this." Corbyn kissed my neck, "And this." His lips connected with mine and he ran his hands through my hair. 

"Wow." I smiled when we broke off. Corbyn grinned and pressed his forehead against mine. "Corbyn..." I said after a while, biting my lip. "What if this is making it worse? What if we really fall for each other?  I mean, as I mentioned, I'm moving to Brazil tomorrow."

"Well, you're so fine I might come to Brazil," Corbyn smirked, kissing me again.

"I'm serious." I smiled.

"So am I. Dead serious." Corbyn nodded and then smirked when I laughed, "What? I'm not tryna flex, that's just how I feel." 

"You can't just hop on a plane and come to Brazil with me." I sighed. 

"Why not? In fact, why don't me and the band do a tour of Brazil." Corbyn smiled, "It can be called Why Don't We: Come To Brazil." 

"I'm guessing Why Don't We's the name of your band?" I laughed.

"You guessed correctly." Corbyn smiled, kissing me deeply.

"How do you know this is all gonna work out?" I broke off.

"You gotta stop killing the vibe and breaking off the amazing kisses." Corbyn sighed and smiled.

"Sorry." I apologised, "But I do have a point. The pieces don't just fall magically together, this isn't a fairytale."

"You're right. But we can make this whatever we want it to be." Corbyn grinned, kissing me again. After a while, he broke off, "I'm waiting for you to kill the vibe."

"I was just thinking, of you coming with me." I admitted, "I mean, that's a big step for two people who met each other half an hour ago." 

"Verónica, I don't know how you feel about me. But I know how I feel about you." Corbyn smiled, "We could be something incredible. You and I both know that." I smiled when he finished.

"It's Ronnie."

"What?" 

"Ronnie." I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Call me Ronnie."

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆. 
𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 @-𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕!

"𝑩𝒊𝒈 𝒃𝒖𝒃𝒃𝒍𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝑪𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆"