Prologue

Netra:

Akshay was busy with his files and I tried hard to impress Akshay by wearing a sari perfectly. It is too tough than being a successful woman entrepreneur. Somehow I wore the sari and went to show it to Akshay.

"Akshay, how am I in this sari?"

Akshay looked at me for sometime.

"It would look more good if it's tied in the style of a sari," Akshay said and I glared at him.

"You are such a person who never appreciates the efforts of your wife," I said.

"Complaints are common for a wife and ignoring is common for a husband," Akshay said, plugging the headphones into his ears.

I walked speedily in anger to the kitchen and suddenly because of my sari, I slipped and about to fall from the stairs. I thought I would break my leg but two hands which protect me from every danger caught me securely. I opened my eyes and looked at my husband who was staring at me adorably. He made me to stand properly.

"This is why I never appreciate the foolish efforts of my crazy wife," Akshay said.

"I hate you," I said, hitting him with my hands on his chest.

"I love to be hated by you," Akshay said, winking at me.

"I love to hate you," I said, while Akshay pulled me closer for a deep lip kiss, wrapping his hand around my waist. We had our morning kiss and then we got out to our work, dropping our kids at the school.

I was in my work and got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello, Netra speaking," I said.

"Hello, Netra. How are you?" the person said from the other side.

"Doing great as usual. Who are you?" I asked.

"Mrs Netra Jeevith, can't you recognise the voice of your ex husband?" the person said, making me shock.

"Jeevith?" I said.

"Yes, baby," Jeevith said.

"Why did you call me?"

"I want you," Jeevith said.

"What the hell are you talking? If I say this to Akshay, he would see your end," I yelled at him.

"Relax, Netra. I won't trouble you. Just meet me once. Can't you do at least this for me," Jeevith said.

"Where?" I said.

He told to me the address and I went to the place. I was talking to Jeevith and Akshay called me.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi sweetheart, did you have your lunch? Baby, in the evening I will pick you from the office. You want me to take you and our kids to the exhibition, right? We will go there," Akshay said.

"Ha," I said.

"Are you fine, Netra?" Akshay asked me.

"Yes," I said.

"Where are you?" Akshay asked me.

"In office," I lied to Akshay knowing that he hate lies. But how can I say I am with Jeevith, my ex husband?

"Okay, take care. Have food on time. I think you are busy with work and not replying properly. Bye," Akshay said.

"Bye," I said and ended the call.

"Why did you call me?" I said.

"I want you, Netra. I love you. I have no one except you. My mom and brother were dead. My sister and bhabhi left for their lives. I can't take this loneliness. Please come back to me, Netra," Jeevith said.

"Jeevith, are you crazy? If you marry someone, you will be happy," I said.

"I can't imagine anyone except you," Jeevith said.

"Shut up," I said.

"I am leaving," I said but someone knocked on the door.

I opened the door and the police arrested both of us. They took me to the police station and the entire scene was captured by the media.

"Minister Akshay's wife, Netra was arrested in a police raid with her ex husband Mr Jeevith."

The news gave a shock to me. Within a few minutes, Akshay came to the police station. He looked at me and then talked to the Inspector.

"Did you file the FIR?" Akshay asked the Inspector.

"Yes, sir. I have no other option as the media covered everything," the Inspector replied.

"Why did you inform to the media?" Akshay yelled at the Inspector.

"Sir, we didn't inform to them. We don't know how did they reach there."

"Fine, do anything but Netra should be proved innocent. Handover the CCTV footage and prove the truth. I am taking Netra with me. I will bring her tomorrow to the court. Here is the judge's permission to release her," Akshay said, and I went with him to the home.

The entire drive was silent. Akshay didn't speak to me even after reaching the home. I prepared the dinner and sent Kalki to call Akshay to the dining hall.

"Mumma, dad told to me that he is not hungry," Kalki said.

"Okay. You both have the dinner," I said and fed them.

I put them to sleep and went to Akshay. I knocked on the door.

"Yes," Akshay said.

His angry voice brought goosebumps to me with fear.

"Open the door," I said.

Akshay opened the door.

"Sleep in our children's room until you prove that you are innocent. And talk to me after giving me a proper reason for lying to me, Netra ji," Akshay said to me.

"Akshay, I didn't do anything."

"I am damn sure about it. Prove it to the world and only then you will be allowed into our room."

"From tomorrow, don't cook for me. I don't want to eat anything cooked by you unless you make me accept the reason behind your lie. Good night, sweetheart," Akshay said, kissing me on the forehead.

I stood there without going into the room and looking at Akshay who slept on the bed skipping his dinner.