Hunter and Prey

You knew Bjorn had his eye on you. He would prowl around at gatherings, watching you like you were his prey. At first you found it intimidating having the huge man's laser focus attention. Some men would be scared off, either by himself or indirectly Lagertha. Some would approach only to suddenly avoid you.

He was quite handsome, the son of Lagertha and Ragnar. If he had the courage to speak to you only you thought maybe you'd give him a chance.

As a night of celebrating and preparing to send off explorers on a small trip came to a close Bjorn saw you. You were having what looked like the most interesting conversation you'd ever heard with a man from a neighboring town.

He started lurking and was sure you'd looked his way. After awhile you sent the man away and strode over to Bjorn who tried to retreat and find a cup to drink from.

"Bjorn?" You called and he looked down at you, surprised that you'd approached him with such confidence.

"(Y/N)!" He sounded horse, like he'd lost all confidence and you cocked your head with a satisfied smile on your face.

"If you would like my attention, you may ask. Otherwise I would appreciate not being stalked like an animal." You smiled again when he spluttered and gave you the chance to gracefully retreat. You passed Lagertha as you left, thinking she might stop you, you hesitated, only to realised she had indeed seen your exchange and found it highly amusing.

*******************************************

Bjorn returned from his battle victorious and the town was up in celebratory arms. He was sat centre of attention, basking in the adoration his mother and his people. When he saw you he gave you a smug smile, only for it to fall as you continued past without approaching.

Later on he decided he'd had enough, tracking you through the crowd until he found you, clearly you'd been avoiding his attempts to find you until you wanted his attention which irritated him.

"You have not congratulated me." He pointed out and you chuckled.

"Are you the sort of man who needs every accomplishment applauded?" You asked him and he spluttered on his next answer before frowning and crossing his arms like a child.

"I have brought honour to my family and to the city that you live in. Should you not celebrate that?" He challenged as your circled him, looking him up and down the very way you'd seen him inspecting his latest pick while chasing women.

"What did you bring to impress me? Is that not what you do when you chase your newest wife?" You asked and grinned when you realised how flustered you'd gotten him.