A BOY AND A GIRL

Bjorn was stood staring at you, forcing several hurrying villagers to veer round him when he didn't seem to realise anyone was around him.

"(Y/N), come on." Someone called to you and if Ragnar hadn't gripped onto Bjorn's shoulder he would have followed after you, still in his daze.

"She has grown into a lovely woman has she not?" Ragnar teased, ruffling the dazed boy's hair as he stared after you.

"I did not expect her to... She did not recognise me but I recognise her." Bjorn let himself be pulled away as Ragnar laughed.

"Let us find you something to drink." He glanced over his shoulder at the figure of you retreating and wondered curiously what would happen between the two of you.

******************

"Hello." Bjorn mumbled as he stood next to you, smiling awkwardly when you looked up at the person you'd been talking to, not spotting the looming boy next to you.

"Who is that?" Lagertha asked Helga who smiled when she followed the woman's gaze.

"(Y/N), she is very sweet, always kind and stopping to help Floki." She smiled and waved when you glanced over.

"Bjorn has always been fond of her, she has grown up to be rather beautiful... has she spoken with my son?" The Viking watched you carefully when several young men came to speak with you and Bjorn sighed as if he was thinking about giving up, each boy was disappointed when you politely avoided their company.

"(Y/N)?" Bjorn muttered nervously, touching your arm which made you turn to look at him.

"I am sorry, I do not know you." You told him and smiled when he nodded.

"It is me Bjorn, you do not recognise me... I recognised you in the market." He chuckled when your eyes widened and you looked him up and down.

"How do I know you are Bjorn, you're not the first one who has tried this trick." You sighed, crossing your arms over your chest.

"When we were thirteen you stole one of my father's goats because it was the smallest and would get sick, we hid it in one of the barns and when he found it he told us we had to take care of it ourselves without any help." Bjorn smiled when you started to grin and reached up on your tip toes to hug him.

"I did not recognise you." You giggled, pulling away to look Bjorn in the eyes as if you still didn't believe he was really the Bjorn you'd grown up with.

"I do not look so different." He muttered and you laughed as you shook your head.

"You look so different, I would have believed you to be a different person if I had not asked you." You smiled when he frowned and ducked his head a little.

"But I am still the same Bjorn." He promised which made you laugh shyly.

"I am glad." Your answer had him grinning as the two of you continued to talk.