7 × gift hunting

"What in the hell are you wearing?"

Chae Eun had only heard about Eun Tae's blind date from the Burn Knuckles, with Jace showing her a picture of what their best friend looked like that day—she was impressed and also very sympathetic to Jay; poor guy must've given it his all. A pity that she didn't witness it first hand though, she would've teased Eun Tae all week long for it.

But now Eun Tae stood in front of her, all dapper and sharp. It was now Saturday and they were meeting together for their weekend plan. Chae Eun was perplexed at first when she noticed a guy approaching her way.

"Chae Eun!" called out the figure and closing in, she realized it was Eun Tae.

Once again, Eun Tae had seek Jay for help. It was a surprise for the blonde to know that the reason this time was Chae Eun but he helped nonetheless. It wasn't as difficult as before but it was still a challenge. Jay decided on a more casual look this time, as per Eun Tae's request. He picked an outfit and used Daniel as a reference, which was again Eun Tae's wish.

"I want something that looks like Daniel would wear."

That would also mean something Jay would wear because basically Daniel's clothes were his at one point but he didn't think it was relevant to divulge that information.

Eun Tae simply just wanted to look good for Chae Eun. Good enough to be seen around with her that is. He didn't care for much of that before but the events of the past few months made him realized that appearances can help you get by easier in the world. Not that he would be putting his looks above everything else now but dressing up when going out with Chae Eun would be an exception.

"I mean, why?" asked Chae Eun as they enter the mall. "You look great, don't get me wrong, but why bother when you're just going out with me?"

"I—"

"Don't tell me you're trying to pick up girls?" She nudged him playfully, grinning. "You sly dog, I haven't been gone long but you've changed. Look at you going on blind dates and looking good for other girls too see."

"It's not—"

"Oh, look! There's a newly opened comic shop on the third floor. Let's go!" And Chae Eun dragged an astonished Eun Tae to the escalators.

They were roaming around the mall to look for a gift for Eun Tae and they were running out of stores to enter but he still hadn't pick anything. Chae Eun told him that he can get anything that he wants. Eun Tae wasn't known to be a picky person—you can get the guy a rock from the sidewalk and he'd thank you like you've given him a chunk of the moon. Chae Eun didn't know why he was being particular today.

"My feet!" She groaned, collapsing on one of the benches at the middle of the mall. "My stomach! Ugh. I'm hungry. Can I just get you a new pair of shoes or something and call it a day?"

Eun Tae joined her on the bench. "I already got 2 new pairs as a gift."

"Then a third one would be lovely, don't you think?" She looked down at her watch. "It's lunch time. Let's grab a bite and continue later."

"Where do you want to eat?"

"Fish Roe Soup Place? I haven't been there in a long time, I miss the food."

That's where Eun Tae took his blind date. He loved that place. That's where the Burn Knuckles meet up and hang around and so Eun Tae thought that it was a good place to take your date to. The food there was also delicious. He wasn't being a cheapskate, he just thought it would be fun to introduce this sanctuary of theirs to other people. Jace was the one who told him it was inappropriate to take your date in a place like that for myriad of reasons. The guy didn't even bother to elaborate so Eun Tae didn't exactly found out why. He won't take his chances again then.