2 × oh, it's you

Chae Eun did not miss J High a bit. That school was a nightmare and the only thing anchoring her to that place was her friends. She had the chance to get away from that school but here she is now, standing in front of the campus, looking as every bit as pissed off. It's going to be so much worse inside.

She was absent for the whole second semester last year, having been away abroad, and so she missed half her freshman year. Not that it's a loss but she also missed a chunk of time with her friends. That's the only downside at that. And now she's a sophomore and she can't imagine the horrors this school year would bring.

Whispers and murmurs followed her on the corridor on her way to the classroom. This irked her so much that she full-on glared at every person she made eye contact with. "This school just brings out the worst in me." She was usually fine outside of school, some may even say she's nice, but she had this scary reputation in campus. And goddamn does she have to keep it. It's the only thing keeping people at bay and that was fine enough for her.

Why do you hate school? Her friends had asked. "Why?" Chae Eun had scoffed. "Why, it's because this God forsaken school isn't doing it's supposed job of teaching its students!" She was livid. And no one dared to ask her that question again.

But she guessed this is what she gets for enrolling in a vocational school. Then again, this school weren't teaching students the skills of their respective proposed departments. That's what bugs her the most. Chae Eun, tough as she may be seen by others, valued education above else. Unlike the students of J High, she wished to go to college. She still has a chance but she could feel the opportunity drifting out of her reach as she continue to stay at this school. She was becoming lazy, she can feel it gnawing at her. And she may succumb to it if she doesn't get out of there.

Chae Eun reached the classroom and brashly slid the door open, startling the people inside.

"It's Chae Eun!" The Architecture department left their places and swarmed the only girl in their class who was standing by the door. She was finally back.

She braced herself for the impact but it didn't come. Eun Tae appeared before her, holding out a chocolate drink. "Good to have you back, Chae Eun." She gingerly took the drink. And just like that, her annoyance from earlier disappeared.

"I missed you, guys!" Chae Eun threw herself at the guys, and the room was filled with cries of joy.

Zack Lee had made it a habit to take a nap whenever he arrived at school, especially if Mira still wasn't in the room yet. But he can't seem to find the peace and quiet he was accustomed to these past few months today because something was causing noise. Or rather someones.

"Goddammit!" Zack pounded a fist at his table, clearly irritated. "Where is that damn noise coming from?"

Daniel startled at his seatmate. Zack's at it again with his temper, and so early in the morning. He tried to console him, wearing a sheepish smile, but he got shrugged off. This was basically their friendship.

"It's the Architecture department." Someone from the class spoke up.

Both Daniel and Zack raised a questioning brow. "Vasco's department?" Daniel found himself saying.

"Aren't those guys typically the more reserved ones? With them being intimidating and all." A girl at the front of the room piped up.

"Haven't you heard? The pretty girl of the Architecture department is back."

A girl? Daniel was sure that the Architecture department were all guys. How can that be then? Maybe a transfer?

"She's not even that pretty." Some girls were murmuring at one corner.