Chapter 5:

Dialogue may be off: this is kind of a different version anyway. Some parts will be like the show

But some changes will be made
Starting with that THIS will be the first interaction of Jaria just cuz idk

The funeral:
~~

"What's he doing here..." Emily said to me, walking over when the ceremony ended and the crowd dispersed.

"Probably for the same reason as us..." I said, keeping my gaze on him. He still hasn't known I was watching him. I felt like a stalker but I couldn't look away. Not because of his looks, but out of curiosity at his mysteriousness. How he seemed to pop up around town all of a sudden.

He came back to Rosewood sometime earlier this week I heard. But I thought it was a rumor because I didn't hear anything from the family,

Now seeing him...

I remembered.

The memories we shared.

Memories of the moments we shared back before Alison died.

The little interactions.

The night.

How I had to avoid him?

And even his looks.

He changed a lot.

He looked healthier, better, yet alone and broken, which may be expected due to all that's happened, all his family has been through.

It's had been so long since I have seen him last.

He only came to Alison's funeral a year ago, then left right after. Though apparently he went to Rehab, which is why he looked healthier now. But still, it was just weird that he came back now, how he now lived in the DiLaurentis house, alone.

As for why he came here, to the funeral? It was weird why, but I had a reason.

This was his old friend... and he just found out he killed his little sister.

"To spit on Ian's grave," Emily tched sarcastically, glancing at Jason.

I chuckled a little at her answer,  before answering obviously, "Closure," I said, coming to that conclusion. It made sense after all.

I admired him a little for coming here. It couldn't have been easy. Somehow getting her killer just made Alison's death real. 

A part of me just wanted to move on already. From her death and get closure.  I had a feeling that was what he wanted too.

I wanted to move on from Alison. But I knew there was no way of moving on.

Not as long as her real killer is still out there.

Not as long as A is here.

"Well, I still think he's creepy... Even if he wasn't hiding Ian in his house. The guys a freak, he always has been..." Emily said, basically voicing the opinion of everyone in the town. She was bias especially because of what Alison would say. "I got to go, tell your parents I said goodbye.." She said, to which I nodded. She turned away and left.

Neither of the girls knew what I did. That I slept with him.

I couldn't. It was embarrassing. Plus I don't think I could answer all the questions they have, especially interrogative Spencer. They all believed there was something off about Jason.

I started to walk over to him, until I felt someone grab my arm, but gently. "Aria, can we talk..." Ezra's voice spoke.

I mentally rolled my eyes before turning towards him, a couple feet of distance between us. "Yeah, can I round up the rest of the student body so you could address us as a group?" I said, both slightly bitterly yet sarcastic.