Chapter 4:

Everything changed after that. Alison was declared missing for a year. Then, another year went by. I spend that year in Iceland with my family. But then, Alison's body was found.
We all split apart throughout the year of Alison's disappearance. Maybe because without Alison, we were just regular individuals. Nothing tied us together anymore. Alison was the one who kept us close. Otherwise, we were too different to be around each other.

In fact, some of us changed a lot in that one year.

Hanna lost a lot of weight. When I started school, I was surprised. I knew that she had it in her, I was just shocked at how much she's changed. She also hangs around Mona. A girl that Alison and all of us, weren't the nicest too. Her nickname was loser Mona, but somehow she transformed herself too. She and Hanna got major makeovers. To be honest, Hanna kind of looked like Alison. She looked to be the IT girl at school now. I just hoped that Alison's harsh words didn't play a factor in her quick weight loss

Emily and Spencer were kind of the same. Spencer was still one of the most smartest girls in school, keeping up her grades. Though Spencer and Emiy both seemed more relaxed now, if that was possible. It was like without Alison commenting on their every move, they weren't afraid to be out of their shell and be themselves.

As for me? Well, I know longer had the pink strips in my hair. In Iceland, it kind of faded and I didn't bother doing it again. I like to think I was the same person from last year. I still loved writing, still had an eccentric style, but didn't wear much gothic/edgy style clothing as before. Other than that, I was the same.

I didn't know how I felt about Alison's death overall. I was griefing inside. But sometimes I felt nothing. Maybe because I was so confused on what even happened to her. Maybe because sometimes I didn't have the best memories of her. Or that sometimes it didn't feel real, her death. But at the end of the day, she was my friend. Our friend. She made people feel special when she could. I missed her. Because when she died, everything changed.

We have been through so much together, the girls and I. So though coming back to Rosewood for her funeral, was a little hard, I dealt with it by writing.

When school started, we all exchanged looks in the hallway of recognition. We didn't talk to each other much. We were friendly if we passed each other. But we were from different worlds.

Until one thing changed everything.

Or should I say, one text.

We all started getting texts when school started. We didn't know it yet, but those texts would continue on and on for a while. At first, we thought those texts were from Alison, but when her funeral rolled around, we realized those texts were no joke. That they were from someone. Someone dangerous.

The only good thing that came out of the texts, were that we all become closer. But it wasn't worth it, considering all the bad that came of them.

This unknown person knew all of our secrets. My moms affair, in which I still hadn't told her, Hanna's shoplifting problem, and secrets from the others.

We joined together to take down this person once and for all, but we had a big storm coming before it would end.

~~
Season 2; 1 year later

It was Ian's funeral. A lot had happened since Alison died. One of which being that we found out that ian killed Alison, he wrote a confession in a letter that we found on him, dead.

We didn't know if we believed it. Well, Emily had her doubts, but we still came for Spencer. As Ian was Melissa's, Spencer's sister's fiance, and Spencer wanted a funeral for him so her sister could get some closure.