Going shopping

DPOV

Now, though, how to get her out for a shopping trip? Here goes nothing. "Guardian Petrov?" I asked as I walked through the door.

"Ah. Belikov. What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if I could get Rose to accompany me as Lady Ozera's guardian for a shopping trip tonight?"

"Tasha Ozera?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure those two in the same vicinity is a good idea? You know how she is with Christian." Why'd I get the feeling she was hinting at something? Almost as if she knew?

"She can be professional, Petrov."

"And has been all too serious since Dashkov, then Badica. Take her. As in take her for her own sake. She never truly relaxes anymore. There's always something putting her on edge. Just keep an eye on her, no reprimanding or disciplining. She has a list of things she needs to get, let her have some time for herself."

"So?" I asked cautiously.

"Let her have some fun. And bring her back in one piece. Tasha is your temporary charge, while Rose is Rose- a student capable of protecting herself." She opened the hidden safe. "Here, she's ready." Alberta handed over a stake for Rose. I took a look at it and found 'Rose Hathaway' engraved.

"Alberta?"

"I had it engraved once you reported that she'd successfully learned. I had a feeling, after Natalie, she'd need it."

"She'll be humbled. Thank you."

"Go! Go get both of you a coffee and get on the road."

"Bye Petrov." I nodded and left, Rose's stake in hand.

"Bye Belikov."

I grabbed a coffee for me, and one for my Roza, before heading to her dorm. I got through to her door and knocked, well, sorta. She opened up, in pyjamas.

"Get dressed Roza." I chuckled. "I've gotten you out. Now get ready for some fun." I pecked her cheek and handed her her coffee, following her in through the door.

"Fun?" She took a mouthful of the coffee and kicked the door shut.

"Yup. I'm under orders to give you time to shop for yourself, let you run around."

"And?" She set the coffee down and started to change. "What's the catch?"

"You. Are to relax and have fun. I. Am not to discipline or reprimand you. I. Am to bring you back in one piece. Here, it's from Alberta." She had dressed in some comfortable and practical clothes, and she would be able to hide the stake. "Rose. Now I get why Lissa had a go at you. Those, whilst practical," I just shook my head.

"Hey!" she playfully snapped after grabbing the stake and her bag. "Your doing." We walked out the door and she locked it behind us.

"I know. I turned you all boring. Sorry Rose."

"Forgiven." I heard the unspoken 'it's lucky I love you'. We spent the rest of the walk in a comfortable silence, drinking our coffees.

"Really Dimka? How'd she get to tagalong?" Hello to you too Tasha.

"Alberta wants Rose to run a few errands. And I'm the only one she's allowed out with." Such a lie, and she bought it. Now that, right there, was why I couldn't be with her. Rose would have seen through it- and called me out.

"Can I drive comrade? Lissa's asleep."

"Nope. You're more likely to be pulled in when she's asleep."