Chapter Twenty Six

"Lisa."

"Yes, unnie?"

"Big day tomorrow. Are you excited?"

I looked at my shaking hands and heard my heart beating loudly. I exhaled to remove some nerves and I weakly smiled at her, "Unnie, do you think I'll do good?"

She sat down next to me on the trailer van's stairs and tapped my back before gazing at the sunset. "You will, Lisa. Why? Don't you believe in yourself?"

I shook my head and watched the sky turn orange. My gaze followed the birds flying above.

How does freedom feels like, little birds?

"It's not that, unnie..."

"Then what is it, Lisa?"

I closed my eyes and released a deep breath, "Why does it feel so wrong to be here, unnie?"

I saw from my peripheral vision that she suddenly glanced at me and gulped. "What do you mean by that?"

"How can I have this privilege of flying to L.A and film in a desert, when I didn't even see Chaeyoung pack her bags to be sent to a different country?"

I didn't know if it was because of the humid weather but she's sweating so much right now. I can see droplets of sweat rolling down her neck and forehead.

"Lisa..."

"Did she really have her solo, unnie? Did she already film her music video?"

"When? Where? Why didn't we know about it?" I asked her breathless as my heart felt like it's sinking as more questions flood my mind. I felt my tears form and the lump on my throat was too painful to swallow.

Did she really have her solo?

Chaeng, what happened? Please, help me understand...

"Did she, unnie?"

"I don't know, Lisa..." her voice was shaking when she turned to me. Her eyes pleading...

"Unnie, what happened to Solosé? Please don't tell me..." my voice croaked.

No... it can't be... Chaeng wouldn't do that, right?

She wouldn't, right? Not for me?

I closed my eyes once again when a flashback flashed in my mind.

******

"What makes you happy, Lisa?"

"My family. Performing? Singing. You guys. Blinks."

"Then why did you wish for that? Aren't you happy?"

"I am, I guess. But I become alive when I'm performing and interacting with blinks. We all do but this long hiatus isn't really doing that."

"Oh."

"But I'm glad you're going to be busy soon, Chaeng! You'll have your solo now. What do they call it again?"

She was blushing as she averted her gaze from me. "Solosé."

"Say it louder, Chaeng."

"Solosé!"

I grinned, then gave her a pat on the back. "That's the spirit, Chipmunk! You're going to be a solo artist now."

"Thank you, Lisa."

"No problem, Chaengyoung-ah. You deserve it."

*****