Chapter Six

"I know what you're thinking, Chae. And that's not the case."

A sigh escaped her lips and she softly said, "Okay."

I raised my right hand to show sincerity, convincing her to believe me.  She needs to believe me because I'm telling the truth. "I swear, Chae. That's not the case."

She stopped walking then faced me with an irritated expression. Her cheeks were puffed and she was massaging her temples, occupying her hands to stop herself from slapping me. "I told you that it's okay, right?"

I pouted. I was giving her my puppy eyes when she jokingly slapped the pout out of my face. "Lisa, stop. You're embarassing me! We're in a public place for heavens sake."

She looked around to see if people saw us or if they even noticed us in the first place. We're currently in Myeongdong to shop. For what? I don't know. I was just dragged here forcefully.

She pulled me closer to her then continued on walking. I was pouting when her grip was a little too tight.

"But you don't believe me."

"I don't because I know you're lying."

I whimpered, stomped my foot then crossed my arms like a five year old would do. She grunted as she combed her hair with her hands. Again, occupying her hands to do something than to slap me.

"But I am not!"

She glared at me, her left eyebrow raised and there I cowered. I smiled sheepishly, "Okay, maybe a little."

She rolled her eyes then she stopped infront of a botique. Eyeing a color blue dress on display.

"But listen first, okay?"

She nodded though she seemed totally uninterested.

I took a deep breathe then glanced at where she was looking at, "Oh. Those shoes are pretty. Anyway, I was playing fetch with Dalgom when-"

"Inside our dorm," she added with a glare.

I stifled a laugh, remembering the silliness of the situation. "Yes. Playing fetch inside but that's not the point. Dalgom was the one who broke your little ballerina and not me."

I felt someone smack my arm and when I glanced sideways, I saw Jisoo glaring at me. "Stop putting blame on Dalgomie! It was you who broke the ballerina and not my little boy,"

I stomped my foot again while my eyes teared from frustration. "Why does no one believe me here? I did not! It wasn't me. I swear."

Jisoo smirked then pointed at the person beside her. "Jennie saw it. Tell her that you saw it, Nini."

My eyes twitched from hearing that nickname. I glanced at Jennie but she was not looking at me, she was eyeing the same dress Chaeng was looking at awhile ago.

I felt the needles again. A lump was forming in my throat when I felt someone link their arm on mine, gently tugging my sight away from her.

"I told you, Lisa. It's okay. If it'll make you feel any better, you can just buy me food."

I snapped from my trance and removed her arm on mine then backed away from her, my eyes widening.

"Oh no. No. I was the one who broke it, Chae. I'm sorry. But if you say it's okay, then it's okay. No worries! I'll replace the ballerina if that's what you want."

I bent over from the pain when she pinched my sides— hard. "You hate treating me when it comes to food."

I clicked my tongue and grinned, "You got that right, honey. I'll probably spend less if I'll just buy you a new music box, to be honest."