Chapter Twenty Nine

Rose's POV

"Hey, hey. Slow down. Breathe,"

"She's-... she's gone, Roseanne. She- she left."

I held in a breath as her words sunk into me. "Lisa's also not there?"

I saw them glancing at me and they came closer, wanting to hear more of the conversation.

"No," I could hear the tremble in her voice, mirroring my fast paced beating heart.

"Did something happen there? We failed?"

She sobbed harder this time, indicating the worst. I closed my eyes to even my breathing.

"The plan failed?" I repeated through gritted teeth.

"I'm so sorry. I let you down as a friend... I'm so so sorry..."

"Just answer me, please. Please," I sighed and felt my eyes water. "Please tell me. You mean, she--?"

"She-she does. She saw it... I'm sorry. I also failed her. I'm sorry-"

My breathing hitched once again and the first tear fell. Lisa...

"It's been a week already! Why did you just tell me this now?!"

"She was recovering, you know? I spent all my time with her, Roseanne. She... she was smiling again. She said that she already accepted her defeat. She had occasional mood swings but she was starting to be happy, again..."

Her breathing hitched as she whispered, "Was she lying? Was all of that pretense?"

"Of course! She couldn't-" I groaned, feeling frustrated and at the same time wanted to strangle Niki. Why didn't I know about this?!

"I told you to keep me posted! How did she know?!"

"My fault. It's my fault Roseanne. I'm sorr--"

"JUST STOP IT!" All my anger and frustration popped, making the two jump away from me. "STOP BLAMING YOURSELF AND FUCKING TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!"

I felt a hand on my back and when I looked at them, it was Jisoo's hand. She was caressing my back softly. "Chaeng... breathe. Please, calm down. Breathe."

I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair. I released a deep breath and massaged my temple.

This isn't her fault. Niki's not the perpetrator. YG is. We're at fault. Not Niki's. I kept repeating this to myself to keep my anger in check.

I opened my eyes and released all the breath I was holding in. "I'm sorry for my outburst. But please just tell me what happened. Where is she?"

She sniffed on the other line and cleared her throat,"I'm sorry... It truly is my fault. I gave her my phone..."

"You what?!"

"Let me explain, please."

I sighed then uttered a "Go."

"I know it wasn't part of the plan, Roseanne. Even your manager told me to not let her near any mobile phones but I couldn't do it," She sucked in a deep breath and continued talking.

"She was always so sad, and wanted to talk to anyone from home. She was always silently crying when she's alone but smiled brightly when she's around ather people."

I sighed. Lisa just doesn't change, does she? Typical of her to keep her pain to herself and cry silently. Niki didn't know about any of Lisa's traits so it was easy for her to fall into our maknae's front. I should've warned her about it but we didn't expect this to happen.