friends?

--Britain's pov--

I started to clean up the table and take care of the dishes when France suddenly held my hands.

"I'll do this, you call him."

I opened my mouth to interject but was interrupted by her shooing me away.

Guess its time to make that promised call.

Going to my office I snatch my phone off of my desk and sit down, dialing a number I haven't touched in years.

"Привет?"

"Hello? Yes, Soviet?"

"Ah, Britain. I was just thinking about contacting you."

"Yes well i've been meaning to have a chat."

"As well as I."

"Great! Over some tea?"

"The cafe sound good?"

I chuckled a little, "tomorrow, 4 pm?"

"See you at 3" were his last words as he hung up. He did always have to have the last word.

~~Time Skip~~

Its currently 2:12 pm and I start to get ready. I take a quick shower, dress myself, and go over what I wanted to say.

After some reassurance from my wife I was off.

Even though in the phone call yesterday the name of the place wasn't mentioned but I knew what he was talking about. We went there for all of our meetings outside of politics.

I hop into my car and drive over to Costa Coffee. I look out the window admiring the view, seeing the trees pass in a blur. I helps calm me down a bit more.

Around fifteen minutes pass when I pull up to the parking lot. Soviet's car already here.

Bell jingles greet me as I walk in, waving to the cashier as usual and find our table.

A waitress comes over. "Hello gentlemen, are you ready to order?"

Soviet waves. "Not quite."

She nods and leaves. I face him but couldn't look him in the eyes. I wince at the cracks across his left eye. When and why did things go so south between us?

"Hey, we haven't seen each other in a while huh?"

I sigh, "yeah."

"Our children have certainly grown haven't they?" He said.

This made me smile and hum. I knew which ones he was talking about in particular.

"Such a wonderful thing they have" I remarked.

"Yes, ....do you remember when we were young, just teenagers? How you were too afraid to talk to France and how I would encourage you?"

Laughing I responded "oh how I miss those times..."

It fell into a comfortable silence (kinda awkward too).

"Look" I started, "i'm sorry...i- *sigh* you were one of my close friends! The- the war...how I fought against you-"

"I understand, I apologise too. I never want what happened to us to happen to Ukraine." He looks off into the distance, frowning.

I rub my neck. "Yeah I couldn't see Canada go through something like that either."

He stuck his hand out "friends... again?"

I smile widely "friends again."

We spend the next 2 hours just catching up, talking about whatever.

"So when's the next meet up?"

"The bar?"

"7 pm?"

"7"

--MEANWHILE--

--France's pov--

"Canada come here!"

"Yes mom?"

"What's Ukraine's number?"

"Ummm it is 605-475-6967."

"D'accord, merci!"

"What do you need her number for?"

I didn't answer however, too busy already texting away.

Hello, Ukraine? >Me

Ukraine< hi?

This is France

Are you free tomorrow at 5? >Me

Ukraine< yes

Great! Meet Canada at Arpège at that time.                                                          

This is doable, yes? <Me

Ukraine< yes I will be there

I turn off my phone and pocket it.

"Canada get ready! I'm taking you to the store. We're going shopping!"

"For what exactly?"

"A tux for you."

"Excuse me?!"

--AUTHOR'S NOTE--