Chapter 9

~Thoughts
~ Memories
(Btw my cousin helped me once again shoutout to them!!)

Jay groggily opened his eyes to a different room.

How'd I get here?

The light coming from the window signaled that it was early afternoon.

Wait, did classes end already?

He pushed himself to a sitting position and rubbed his eyes. His vision was blurry due to the blood that came out from them.

He swung his legs to the side of the bed and slowly got on his feet.

"Ah, you're awake."

A voice made Jay turn to a bed next to him. A mop of green hair caught his attention as it shone with the light.

"Yeah."

"Are you headed back to class? I was just going there myself. Do you want to go together?" Izuku shyly asked.

Jay just shrugged.

"Sure."

They made sure to leave a note for Recovery Girl and left. As they walked back, the soft patter of their shoes echoed in the empty hallways.

Jay thought that right now would be a perfect time to strike a conversation. After all, they weren't complete strangers.

But he was too scared that his tongue would spill stuff he wanted to keep to himself. So he simply stayed quiet, walking along the slightly taller male.

Unknown to him, as he tried solving his dilemma, he made strange expressions.

Izukus POV~

We are walking back to class and it is quiet. But the nice comfortable silence. Since the first time we met, James has never spoken much.

I turn my head slightly to look at his face. His eyebrows were furrowed as he squinted and scrunched his nose.

Cute.

Wait, what?

Did I just call an almost stranger cute?!

I gulped and stole another glance. Now that I look at him closely, he is pretty cute.

Smooth white skin, clear big blue eyes, small lips and a button nose. Almost like a girl.... but maybe even cuter.

Not to mention he has an awesome quirk. I like him but just as a friend. Yeah........ as a friend........

Normal POV~

The two arrived at the classroom and opened the door. Many turned their heads to where they were, and as soon as they saw who it was, they crowded.

As they gushed and introduced themselves to Izuku, Jay slowly walked away. He grabbed his bag and was about to leave when a hand stopped him.

"Jay, you're okay!" Kirishima gave him a toothy grin.

"Yeah, all I needed was some rest."

"Well, your battle was so cool, and all those moves were insane!" He explained with a sparkle in his eyes.

"You've got to be one of the manliest men I've ever met!"

Hear that? That's exactly why Jay likes Kirishima. He had enough when everyone called him a girl.

"Kirishima, did I ever tell you your my favorite human at the moment?" Jay said while hugging the red heads arm. Originally he would have put his arm over his shoulder, but he was cursed to be short so this was the best he could do.