Prolouge

A lot of people wonder what had really happened the night Olivia Keller disappeared. It was a well known fact that she was at one of the many house parties that went on during the summer on that night. A lot of people didn't see her, but those who did claimed that she seemed a little off, more than usual. Then she left around 1:30 am and was never seen again. What happened after that has been left to the imagination.
Here's what really happened. Well, what we know so far:

Viola Segreto barged out of the bathroom and into the crowded hallway. She had just barfed up about three hours worth of beer and weed. Usually she had a high tolerance, so her sudden regurgitation surprised her.

She had been at this party for four hours and was already getting sick of it. Literally. It was a usual summer bash held by a popular senior named Brianna Rojas. Half the school showed up, and the loud music and voices gave Viola a headache.
Time to go, she told herself.

Viola squeezed her way past a senior and a freshman making out and made it down the stairs. Everyone was walking about the living room and kitchen, every other person holding a red solo cup. Girls all huddled in their small cliques, probably talking shit about the outfit of a girl they didn't like. Boys were slap boxing each other and falling over drunkenly. The stoners passed blunts around. The overachiever kids all stood in the corner, realizing they were the only people sober. The cheerleaders were all taking the same photos of each other a hundred times. The jocks were all doing those weird chants from football season. The designated drivers pulled drinks from their friends' hands.

Viola scoffed. Welcome to high school. Junior year was on the rise, and this was the type of thing she looked forward to.

The sounds of yelling behind her interrupted her thoughts. She turned around to see Jasmine Lewis, your typical movie cheerleader, coming down the stairs. Her boyfriend, Billy Coleman, your typical idiot jock, followed close behind her. "Stop being so dramatic, Jazz!" he snapped at her.

Jasmine turned to Billy and looked like she was gonna murder him. "Billy, I am not in the mood right now!" She balled her fists, which is something she would do when she was angry. Viola remembered her always doing that when they were kids. Back when they were the best of friends.

Jasmine was one of the most gorgeous girls in the town of Chaceton. She had long black curls and glowing caramel skin. Even some of the senior girls were jealous of her. And she wasn't a complete airhead, as some would think. She was witty and clever, something Viola envied of her. They were best friends from first to ninth grade, and were always in the same group. Eventually the group drifted apart, as most friend groups do when you enter high school.

"You're never in the fucking mood!" Billy shouted at his girlfriend.

"Billy, I have my period, don't you start with me!" Jasmine barked. "Call me when you stop acting like a fucking child!"

She walked away from him. "Jazz, wait!" he called after her. She ignored him and shot up the middle finger. A group of people applauded her bold move.

"Well done," Viola said when Jasmine noticed her.

"I hate men. They don't understand what no means." Jasmine shot Billy a look.

"Honestly, same. You wanna get out of here and get Dairy Queen?"

Jasmine's eyes lit up. "Of course."

Yeah, they had drifted apart. But they were still friendly. And to be honest, what girl on her period would deny Dairy Queen?

"Alright, I'm parked down the street. Let's bounce." Viola said right as she slammed into someone.

"Omigosh! I'm so sorry, Viola! I didn't see you there!" exclaimed a mature and familiar voice.