Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I know." Romeo groans, "Who's the guy that came up with that dumb rule anyway."

"That "guy" was Queen Hisui, remember?" Kinana asked while thinking about the ruler of her country.

After the assassination of Queen Hisui's father, Toma E. Fiore, Hisui had to descend to the throne much more quickly than originally intended. She had to deal with many new things as of her coronation, while also dealing with her father's death. Many of Fiore' citizens were worried about a little girl ruling over them, or the threat that some other country might declare war on them, after word got out about the king's demise. Needless to say that Queen Hisui surprised all and surpassed many expectations when, at just the age of 15, managed all of her new duties and make the Royal Army even stronger than it was before. Needless to say no one ever questioned if she was worthy of the throne again.

"Oh right," Romeo says, "I still can't believe she's queen, from what I heard of her she was just a 12 year old princess six years ago."

"Yup, and for an 18 year old Queen I think she's doing alright with running New Fiore." Kinana said as she serves the boy some cooked chicken, "Here you go Kuro," She says as she rubs his head and gives the wolf a steak.

Kuro barks happily before digging into his meal.

"By the way where is Max?" Romeo asked with food in his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full Romeo." Kinana says in a mildly strict tone, making the boy swallow the food in his mouth, "But to answer your question, he's busy on a job with Laki." Kinana looks at Romeo, "Why do you wanna know?"

"Because despite what many people believe he's a good hand-hand combatant, and I want to test out some new fighting styles and new rainbow fire magic spells on him." Romeo answered before taking another bite out of his chicken.

"Speaking of Rainbow Fire, where's Totomaru?" the female asked.

"Out in the woods training with his swords I think." Romeo informs after swallowing his food.

"I still don't understand how you got him to join Fairy Tail, after all he doesn't exactly have good history with us." Kinana says remembering the day of the Phantom Lord/Fairy Tail war and how Natsu beat Totomaru.

"He was forced to by Grand Master Odin, after I graduated early." Romeo states.

"Oh." Kinana simply said. "Wait, why was he forced to join because of your academy's Grand Master?"

"Master Odin wanted to make sure I kept improving and learn more about my rainbow fire magic, styles, and techniques ." Romeo informs. "So he sent Totomaru with me to make sure I did."

"You still haven't learned everything?" Kinana asked clearly confused, "I thought you were a Rainbow fire Prodigy."

"I still haven't learned every flame, plus there are some secrets to the magic that Totomaru or even Grand Master Odin know about. And I can learn the spells and magic better than most mages, making them stronger and mastering them is the challenge." Romeo informs. "One time, I lost control of my pyrokinesis and I almost burnt down my dorm room."

"SERIOUSLY!?" Kinana yelled out in shock over what she just heard him say.

"Yup, most intense workout punishment of my life." The rainbow fire mage says remembering that cursed day, "Though to be honest my later years in the academy were much more harder."

"Speaking of which how was life at the Rainbow Strike Academy?"

"Oh it was amazing, I got to meet new people, learn more about my magic, visit new places, beat up a bunch of assholes." Romeo says happily remembering all those times when someone boasted about how they were superior to everyone else, hurt innocent people or people he cared about, he would always be there to teach them a lesson, painfully. Those were truly great time.