Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Percy's Point of View

I started up at our Uncle in a sense of shock. Here he was, the Lord of the Underworld, greeting us with a simple "I am Lord Hades. Welcome to the Underworld." Talk about a let-down. I mean, the myths got his looks perfect – long dark locks, Tartarus-black eyes and pale skin with his moody expression. But his actually mood? He looked… well, I wouldn't say Happy, but he didn't look much like he wanted to kill us either…

"Hi?" I replied, tilting our head at our Uncle. "We were expecting more death threats from that…"

Hades chuckled, the sound sending chills up our spine.

'Percy!' Harry scolded me. 'We're trying to live, yes? Not persuade Uncle Hades to kill us!'

"You are very bold, young Demigod. And not entirely in agreement with yourself, I see. No matter. Most of your kind would give anything to find me on a good day but, alas, I don't seemed to have many of them round my brother's spawn."

"Gee." I commented dryly, noticing Hades' eyes glittering with amusement. "Thanks, I think. So glad we can entertain you."

Hades smirked at us as if in agreement. Then his face grew serious. "You were coming to see if I had my brother's bolt, weren't you? I apologise about the Fury earlier, you see, I was angry because something of mine was stolen and when I sensed your aura… well. Let's just say I didn't really pause to think that England might have been a bit far way to steal from us gods at Olympus…"

We nodded and offered our Uncle a small smile. "We all have our bad days. I mean, once, Percy was really sleepy and almost blew up the entire dungeons at Hogwarts…"

Hades laughed at that and I pouted. 'Harry! We agreed not to speak of that again!'

"You truly do amuse me, nephews. If Poseidon wouldn't declare war over it I might just decide to keep you."

Our eyes darkened at the thought of Poseidon and we scowled, but bit our tongue. Annabeth and Luna slipped their hand into ours. It wasn't a big action, but it meant more to us than any words could. With them at our back, I felt like we could take on anything – Dark Lords, gods… Perhaps I'd go as far to say Titans to!

"Uh-hem. Yes." Harry shifted our feet awkwardly.

"So do you have any idea where the bolt might be?" Annabeth spoke up, her grey eyes sharp and questioning.

"What can you offer me in return for such information?" Hades eyes glinted ominously, though our female companions apparently missed it. Before we could intervene, Annabeth spoke up.

"What do you want from us?"

We cursed Annabeth. Any Slytherin knew not to bargain with a guy who looks like he's already won!

'Annabeth would never be a Slytherin, would she?' I sighed. Harry laughed.

'Nope! I doubt Luna would either… she's too…'

'Herself? Obsessed with the unknown?'

'All of the above.' Harry laughed.

"Well. If you promise to return my Helm of Darkness to me, I could be persuaded." Hades smirked.

We rolled our eyes. "We could agree to those terms, provided we can put Zeus' bolt as a priority. I mean, a war of the gods… That could be catastrophic!"

Hades' eyes narrowed and we flinched back slightly. Annabeth noticed this, and piped up.

"If it wasn't for the promise of war hanging over our heads, I swear, we would prioritise your Helm. As it is, Zeus is also threatening Harry and Percy's mortal family. I imagine the paper work for that would be absolutely awful…"