Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Harry's Point of View

The Gryffindor common room couldn't be more different from the Slytherin one. The colours were obvious – red and gold rather than silver and green – the people were very different as well. We'd never noticed it that much before, as we mainly had only visited during the day when put in a partnership with some Gryffindor for homework but the evening was a lively time in Gryffindor. Not to say that it wasn't in Slytherin, but we had different unspoken rules. Each year had their own place in the common room usually, and we kept to quieter activities – chess or reading or homework – while the Lions seemed to be all about exploding snap and loud card games. Ron and Charles were having a loud game of chess that seemed to involve Ron winning and Charles swearing. The Weasley twins were plotting something at a table in a shading corner with their friend Lee Jordan. The Quidditch team – excluding Charles – were gathered round a board, presumably talking tactics.

"Harry! Percy!" Charles called, catching sight off us. We smiled, walking over to him. We cast our gaze over the board, noticing it was Charles' turn. We quickly moved one of his knights for him, deftly ruining Ron's strategy.

Ron glared at us. "Hey!"

"What? Just levelling the field a bit."

"Where have you been anyway?" Hermione demanded from where she was sitting writing a potions essay.

We shrugged. "Swimming in the lake. King Irvin wanted to speak to us, but Myrtle interrupted him so we'll have to go back at some other time."

"King Irvin?" Charles shook his head. "I really wonder what you're talking about sometimes."

Hermione frowned at us. "King Irvin is a myth. A pretty tale about the King of the mermaids."

"Oh?" We raised an eyebrow at her. "Feel free to tell him that sometime then. Does the myths talk of his daughter Nerissa to?"

"Nerissa?" Hermione shook her head. "You've talking nonsense now."

"Are we though?" We laughed. "Besides, that's rich coming from the girl who believes in the Chamber of Secrets."

Hermione twitched. "So what? There seems to be more fact about that right now than there is than mystical mermaid kings exist."

Ron giggled. "Mermaids? Is that some Muggle superstition? Not all the merfolk are maidens you know. Or female!"

Hermione scowled. "Yes, thank you for your input Ronald!"

We shook our head, then lost our playful teasing. "We don't know what you're up do, and to be honest we don't want to, but you three are messing with polyjuice potion. And believe us that is dangerous at best when you know what you're doing."

The golden trio gave us wide eyed looks of panic, looking round shakily to check if anyone else overheard. Charles gave us a pleading look. "Harry, Percy… don't tell anyone please! We just want to find out who this Heir is."

"Using polyjuice?" I raised an eyebrow. "What are you planning on doing, seeking into the Slytherin common room to try and find answers?"

The three looked at us blankly and we slapped our forehead. Ron glowered at us.

"Why should you care anyway? You're a snake like the rest of them! Going to rat us out or something?" He sneered. "Besides, how did you find out anyway – spying on us?"

We stared down at our brother's hot headed friend with despair. 'Does he every shut up about house rivalries and prejudices?'

Hermione hit the back of Ron's head and gave him a look, pointing her wand in his face. "Ronald Weasley! I warned you to be civil, if not because it is the right thing, then for Charles' sake. Percy is a Gryffindor and Harry most certainly isn't evil! Now, be polite or I will curse you."