Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Percy's Point of View

The next morning dawned far too bright and early for my liking. Squinting, I noticed that Lily was drawing open our curtains. Huh. No wonder it was so bright. I paused to watching the dust float and spin around in the golden light for a moment before Harry turned our gaze back to Lily.

"What's with the light? Go away." He mumbled, his words slightly slurred by the covers over our mouth. Leo groaned in agreement, burrowing deeper under his covers.

"Blaise, Theo and Draco are here already – or would you prefer I asked them to come back another day? I'm sure they'll be very understanding that my lazy sons can't be bothered to get out of bed before noon."

We heard sniggering at the door, then a ball of ginger fluff landed heavily on our stomach. We gasped, winded as Harry cast our eyes down on the smug ball of fluffy doom that was called Felix. The cat had grown the start of a fluffy main round its head. It gave it the look of a lion, though (as Harry reminded me) male kneazels grew mains as well. I groaned and pushed the large kitten off us.

"Thanks for the sympathy guys." We huffed, mock pouting at the trio standing in the doorway smirking at us.

Glancing at our alarm clock Harry jumped out of bed. When did it reach twelve o'clock already? And – more to the point – how on earth did Leo manage to sleep this long as well?

We froze for a minute, remembering Riddle's diary and our conversation with it last night. Hm. Tom Riddle... That name sounded familiar I realised, now that the heavy restlessness wasn't hanging over our head. But where from? He couldn't have been a particularly famous wizard, we'd definitely remember if he'd made the history books. He couldn't be ancient either. While the soft black leather of his diary had been faded and old, it was still intact and not held together by the usual spells used to preserve old books. Maybe an author of a book we'd read recently? No...

Draco punched our arm lightly. We started and gave him a hurt look.

"What was that for?"

"You were lost in thought. What's on your mind?"

"Tom Riddle." Harry told him. "His name is stuck in our mind and for the life of us we can't remember where the Hades we've heard of it before."

"Tom Riddle... He was head boy when Father was in school. Got a special award for something or another I think, though I can't remember what now." Draco mused.

Blaise and Theo just sighed. "Now you've sorted that out, I swear we were promised a Quidditch match with some red-haired fiends?"

"I call Keeper again." Leo's sleepy voice rang out from his place of the floor. Our three Slytherin friends turned to look at him is surprise, taking in our young friend's youthful face, curly brown hair and tanned skin. I bit back a laugh when I noticed the smoke starting to rise from his hair when as Leo shifted uneasily under the weight of the stares.

"What? Is it my pyjamas? Because personally I rather like Doctor Who, and there is nothing wrong with having a perfectly normal obsession with a TV show." Leo joked weakly, indicating his TARDIS patterned sleepwear.

Draco sneered. "TV show?"

Leo gaped at him, then shook his head. "Man, you guys haven't lived if you haven't watched TV. Harry, Percy, I call for a marathon evening of as many good series you have."

We nodded, and Lily chuckled.

"Right after you fix whatever you did to our TV last time I let you near it."