Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Harry's Point of View

When I woke up the next day, feeling much better than the day before, I were met by a very worried godfather. Severus was rushing to get changed, his hair still a messy from bed. Cautiously, I send a quick spell Draco had taught us at our godfather to sort out at least that problem for him. He gave us a dark look when he felt the magic seep over him, but when we gestured to his hair, Severus smiled.

"Thank you Harry." Severus said distractedly.

"What's going on?" Draco's voice was slightly slurred with sleep, and I grinned, but also sent our godfather a questioning look.

Severus sighed. "Some first year Hufflepuff has managed to get himself lost. Last his friend's heard he was off to look at the 'pretty ponies', in the forbidden forest."

I sat up immediately, pulling on our own clothes after persuading Alyssa to lie on the still-warm pillow for a minute. Percy was yet to wake up, but I had no doubt he would disagree with my decision to help.

"We're coming." I said. Severus opened his mouth to refuse, but I gave him a look as Alyssa curled around our arm once more now I had stopped moving. "Severus, like it or not, we know the forest better than anyone here – except perhaps Hagrid. And the creatures trust us. We'll be of more use to you than anyone."

Severus grumbled. "If anyone asks, you had detention this morning, yes?"

"Sorry for forgetting our homework, sir!" I grinned at him, "We'll hand it in on Monday."

Severus narrowed his eyes. "Yes you most certainly will you impertinent imps!"

Ops. Looked like our godfather had actually forgotten that we had supposed to hand in our essay yesterday. I offered an angelic smile, and Severus shook his head at me.

"That shouldn't be as effective as it is."

Draco was still sleepy, but gathered enough energy to snort at us.

"You go run round the forest. I'm going to sleep some more."

I chuckled, and followed our godfather through the castle to the forbidden forest. Being a weekend, the halls were deserted bar for a few teachers hustling about, no doubt looking for the missing Hufflepuff.

Hagrid was already waiting by the edge of the forest for Professor Snape when we arrived. If he was surprised to see us accompanying our godfather, the large man didn't show it. He merely offered us a smile then turned to talk to the school's potion master.

"Apparently the little tyke wandered into the Forest last night looking for the unicorns." Hagrid looked worried. "But, of course, unicorns don't take well to men. I just hope he isn't hurt."

Professor Snape nodded, his movements stiff with apprehension, but otherwise he showed no other outwardly signs of concern.

"What's the boy's name?" I asked.

"Tyson. Tyson Jackson, I believe." Our godfather answered us.

Hagrid grinned. "And no, before you ask, we haven't asked the centaurs yet. They seem to be in a situation of rather high alert this morning."

"Hm."

I put our fingers to our lips and let out a piercing whistle. It took a minute or two for anything to happen, during which I listened to our godfather questioning Hagrid some more on the first year, and the cold air finally managed to wake Percy up.

'What's going on?' Percy yawned, slurring his words slightly.

I smiled mentally at him. 'A first year has gone missing, presumably in the forbidden forest. We have 'detention' with Severus, so are helping look for him.'