•Don't Trust Him•

Start from the beginning

            "We need to go," I say, barging into Alaric's dorm. He shoots up from his bed, eyes wide. When Bex told me that she was going to dinner with Zav, she should have been smarter than to give me the time when I asked. I tried talking myself into just trusting her and letting her go, but I don't trust him for the life of me. Coming here and grabbing Alaric because I don't want to go alone seemed like a good option to follow them.
      "Do none of you mother fuckers knock? You just tap your knuckles on the door, it's not hard," he says. I cock a brow.
   "Bex went to dinner with Zav," I say. I know it's only friendly, but that could be only on her side. He's fucked up my past relationships before.
   "And?"
  "We're gonna follow them. I feel less weird for stalking them with someone," I say, thinking I sound completely reasonable.
   "Are you actually just asking me out?" He asks with a smirk. "You don't have to lie, Daddy." I cringe, slowing stepping out of his room.
    "Just hurry up."
    ••••••

       "You look nice," Zav says when I get in the car, putting emphasis on the word nice

       "You look nice," Zav says when I get in the car, putting emphasis on the word nice. "Modest, but sexy." I roll my eyes, looking out the car window. The heater feels good, warming the whole car.
     "I've looked like a mess for the past three weeks, might as well look good for once," I joke. He chuckles, his lips turning up into a smirk. Looking at him from the side, I see things I hadn't noticed before. His bottom lashes are long, matching the ones on top that fan out. There's a scar on the side of his head where his hair is faded nicely. "What happened right there?" I ask, pressing my finger against it.
   "I got in a fight," he says. "The guy whipped out a knife and tried getting my throat, missed, but still did damage." I rest my head back, a soft smile on my lips. I trace it with my pointer finger.
    "Did you still win?" He glances over at me, that smirk still there.
    "Of course, I did."
    •••••

        I'm happy he doesn't take me to the same place he was planning to take me the first time we were going gonna out to dinner. This is more laid back and casual, nothing fancy going on at all. The minute we walked in there were stares a older people whispering "he's gonna regret those when he's older" about his tattoos.
     "I can tell you're having a good time, but you're still tense. It's kind of ruining my vibe," he says. I shrug, not sure what to say. I'm sure I could tell him about Marissa and not him do anything drastic like Atticus would, but I'm still questioning if that's the right way to go.
     "Just really stressed about a lot of stuff," I tell him. He rests his chin in the palm of his hand, smiling.
    "Tell me bout it." I guess.
    "Well between getting raped, killing the guy, having a miscarriage, and now finding out that your sister is seeing one of Pablo's friends...I feel like I'm going to crack at any second," I tell him. His hand falls back down to the table. He leans in a little on his elbows.
    "When the hell did the last two happen?"
   "This week. I don't know what to do about Marissa," I tell him. He sits back, brows raised as he looks at the table in thought. "Whoever it is isn't safe and I don't want what happened to me to happen to her. When she told me I didn't tell her anything about what happened or what he does, just made some shit up about him cheating and doing bad stuff in the past. I don't think I scared her away from him."
    His eyes meet mine. The dim light makes his hazel eyes seem lighter. "Why don't you talk to Atticus about this? She listens to him, not me. I'm the fun brother, he's the serious one." I've been thinking of telling him, but every time I do I find another reason not to.
     "I'm too scared to tell him, so you were the best option," I tell him, leaning in close to him so he can hear me over the sound of waisted coming to tables with food. I also don't need the people sitting next to us to hear me. He looks around, leaning on his elbows again like me.
    "Do we kill him?" He asks, his voice and expression completely serious. I shake my head. "Why the hell not?"
    "I'm trying to be a normal person and have that not be my first plan of attack," I tell him. He rolls his eyes, sitting down with a grin. "Why are you grinning like that?"
     "Cause you're trying to be something you're not," he says. "Listen, I'm not gonna lie, I know you're family, therefore, I know how you are." My eyes widen.
    "Excuse me?"
    "The people I work for have done some deals with Castel and Santiago, your dad, and he's been at some of the things I've been at," he admits. What the fuck. "I'm not telling you that killing him is a good option, it's not. But come on, is that really what you want to do?"
     "We can't jus keep killing people when-"
    "You sound like my brother," he says. I put my head down. "What do you actually want?"
    "I want to chop the fuckers hands off along with other parts of his body just for touching her that one night dancing," I snap. He presses his lips together, nodding.
   "There we go. There's my Bex."
    ••••••
                        ~Atticus's POV~