Chapter 3

It's been a while but I finally have a chapter 3 for you!!! Enjoy!!!! :D XOXOXOXOXO

I wake up to Myer poking me.

“Teddy, wake up!” I open my eyes but don’t move. Most of her strawberry blonde hair has fallen out of its pigtails and her eyes are heavy with sleep. “Teddy, you have to see this.” She says, still poking me. Slowly I sit up and look at her.

“What time is it?” I ask groggily.

“I don’t know, early morning. But look. I think Will’s sleep walking.” She says pointing at a figure stumbling around the room. Once my eyes have focused to the dark I can make out Will more clearly, his eyelids half open. He walks around sloppily, mumbling to himself. Noisily he walks into the back of the sofa, the force flipping him over and he startles awake. He looks around confused but I don’t get to see much of his face because me and Myer are rolling on the floor laughing.

“What? I, but I was, the chocolate, but, aw.” He says, sitting up on the sofa. “Stop laughing! What happened?” He asks, irritated.

“You, uh, were sleep-walking, and fell.” Myer explains. “I’m sorry we shouldn’t have laughed.” She says, staring at the floor.

“Oh, I guess my stupid dorm mates left the door open. What are you two doing out here?” He asks, waggling his eyebrows.

“You do realise we’re eleven!” Myer says, shocked at what he was implying.

“I’m terribly sorry Miss, I’m sure a young lass like you would never dream of doing such things with a young Teddy here!” He says mockingly. Myer glares at him.

“If you must know, no-one thought it would be important to tell us which door our dorms were behind and so we didn’t want risk going through the doors so we slept out here!”

“Okay, calm down! I was just asking! This one has a temper eh?” Myer glares at him.

“Just tell me which one of these stupid doors is my dorm!” She yells, clearly getting annoyed at him.

“I believe it that one over there.” He says, pointing at a door. Myer gives him one last final glare before stomping over to the door, she peers inside and the goes all the way in and closes the door behind her.

“You have a knack for annoying every person you come in contact with, did you know that?” I ask him. He stretches out on the sofa and puts his arms behind his head.

“It’s a gift.” He says, shrugging. “Well, I guess there’s no point in going back to sleep, I think I’ll watch the sunrise.” He says. “I’d invite you but, I feel like watching the sunrise is kind of romantic, you know, it’s something couples do together so, yeah, I’m going to see if I can find a chick that’ll watch it with me. See you at breakfast!” He says, exiting the tower, still in his pyjamas.

It’s not long before people start to get up. I see a guy that I recognise from the sorting ceremony, Tom I think his name was, and so I go in the door he just came out of. In the room there are seven beds, all look to be have slept in except one by the window which I guess is mine. There is a trunk next to it and I open it to find all my things, neatly packed by my Grandmother. I quickly pull on some clean clothes.

“Hey, what happened to you last night?” A tall lanky boy asks, as he pulls on his socks.

“Oh, I, uh, got lost. I’m Teddy by the way.” I say.

“Hi, I’m Daniel. So I guess we should head down to breakfast.” He says and at the mention of food my stomach starts to grumble.

“That sounds like a great idea.” As we leave for the great hall I think about waiting in the common room for Myer but I presume she’s found someone who will walk with her like I have. At breakfast I sit with Daniel, who introduces me to the other five boys in my dorm; Augustus, Tobias, Nico, Johnathan and Adam.

During breakfast I periodically look up at the door to see if Myer is there. When she does come in, I wave her over but she sits next to her brother and Will and Bonnie. She doesn’t talk to them though, she sits and reads her book. After breakfast I go outside with the rest of the guys and we stand around in the hallways, talking and getting to know each other. I’m not really paying attention though, I feel bad about leaving Myer. When she exits the great hall, she walks straight past me, her head held high and shoulder back. I think about following her but I decide against it. I have a feeling she might be mad at me so I decide to just leave her be for now. Eventually it’s time for class and we find out we have potions first.

“I don’t suppose anyone knows where the potions classroom is?” I ask, they all shake their heads. The hallways empty and soon it’s just the seven of us, we race up and down Hogwarts, partly trying to find the classroom, partly trying to see who is the fastest. We only find the classroom when there’s ten minutes left of class. The professor is extremely annoyed at us and so on my first day of Hogwarts, in my first lesson I get a detention. I’m sure my Grandmother will be so pleased to hear about that.

“I can’t believe you got a detention on your first day!” Myer says as we make our way to charms.

“It’s not my fault! They need to give us maps or something; Hogwarts is a very big castle!” I say. The rest of the morning is not as bad, by lunchtime I still only have one detention but my homework has started to pile up. At lunch I sit with Myer, I feel bad about abandoning her a breakfast. Will and Bonnie soon join us.

“So how goes your first day?” Bonnie asks.

“Fine, I guess. I got a detention though so it can only get better.” I say.

“You got a detention on your first day? High five!” Will says, putting his hand up. I look at him incredulously.

“Come on! Don’t leave me hanging!” He says and so reluctantly I high five him. Myer excuses herself and so I do the same. She starts walking really fast and I have to jog to catch up with her.

“Hey, Myer. Are you okay?” I ask. She slows down slightly.

“I’m fine.” She says.

“Really? Because I feel like you’ve been giving me the cold shoulder.” I say and she stops walking completely.

“Why would I do that?” She asks, staring at the floor.

“I don’t know.” I admit. “So we’re good? Still friends?” I ask.

“We’re friends?” She asks.

“Uh, yeah, well, I thought we were.” I say.

“Okay. Friends?” She says, looking up and smiling at me.

“Friends.” I say, smiling back.

Okay, I'm sorry it took so long. I hope you enjoyed it! Remember to comment and vote!!! THanks!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO