Chapter 2

Yay! ANother chapter!!! ENJOY!!! :D XOXOXOXO

Once inside people start bustling about, but Will and Bonnie drag us to the edge of the hallway.

“So, welcome to the fabulous Hogwarts castle! You better like what you see because this is going to be your home for the next seven years.” Bonnie says, leaning against a pillar.

“Thankfully, we only have four years left.” Will says leaning against the other side of the pillar.

“Thankfully? I thought Hogwarts was a great place?” I ask, everyone at home said it would be the best seven years of my life but these guys make it sound like a horrible place.

“It is...If you don’t make enemies.” Will says vaguely.

“Which Will had successfully done by our first week here.” Bonnie sighs, glaring at Will.

“So what do we need to know?” Myer asks.

“Okay, let’s see. Houses don’t generally mix, I mean it’s not like against school rules to hang out with people from other houses but people just don’t do it. And if you’re a Hufflepuff, Gryffindor or Ravenclaw then you generally intensely dislike the Slytherins. Don’t befriend Slytherins they’re evil, deceitful and revengeful. Remember that Slytherins are revengeful.”

“Slytherins revengeful. Got it.” Myer says as if taking notes.

“I found that out the hard way...” Will sighs.

“So what house are you two in?” I ask.

“Is it not obvious that we are in the great house of Gryffindor?” Will says but his eye sight strays from us to a girl walking up the hallway. The students part like the red sea as she walks.

“Who’s she?” Myer asks.

“Ugh, that’s Cheryl, every school has to have one. You know, she’s the person that everyone loves because she’s the hottest person in school. Ow!” Will elbows her. “Fine! Hottest girl. Anyway she may be hot but she’s not a very nice person. Will also found that out the hard way...We should probably go into the great hall now, you two should go find the rest of your first year friends.” She pushes us in the direction of where a group of first years have gathered outside the great hall and her and Will enter. Me and Myer stay a bit away from the group. Eventually an adult comes and stands in front of us.

“My name is Professor Longbottom-“ There are a few sniggers from the back of the group but he ignores them. “If you would please follow me.” I smile up at Neville, it’s so good to finally see a familiar face. We enter the great hall behind Neville and everyone stares, I feel uncomfortable and can’t help it when my hair changes from blue to red. I’m not really listening when Neville starts reading out names, I’m too busy concentrating, trying to get my hair colour back to normal but the best I can make it is a bluey purple.

“Edward Lupin!” I look up at my name being called. Neville beckons me forward and nervously I sit on the stool as he places the sorting hat on my head.

“Hmmm...let me see...hmmm...difficult...hmmm...very difficult...hmmm...” How long is this going take?

“Well it varies from person to person but you...I’m torn you see, you would make an excellent Ravenclaw,  but you’re a loyal friend I see so maybe Hufflepuff, oh you’ve already made some friends that are in Gryffindor but are you brave? Hmmm...very difficult...but I think I’ll go with GRYFFINDOR!” Relief washes through me and I jump up off the stool, nearly forgetting to take of the hat, and run to the Gryffindor table and sit next to Myer. After everyone else has been sorted we tuck into the meal. Opposite us there is a lot of commotion and shoving and then eventually Will and Bonnie appear.

“How cool is this? You guys really lucked out! Gryffindor is definitely the best house. We’re going to have so much fun!”

“Will, don’t eat with your mouth open!” Bonnie says elbowing him. Will swallows and then sticks his tongue out at her. He looks up at the teachers table to check that no one’s looking before grabbing a handful of mashed potatoes and flinging it at the Slytherin table where it hits Cheryl on the back of the head. She squeals and turns around and glares at the Gryffindor table before her eyes land on Will. Will ducks under the table and starts crawling up it as Cheryl storms over.

“WOLFANG BLOODY BLACK I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!” She yells as Will appears at the other end of the table. He quickly scrambles to his feet and starts running as Cheryl runs after him. Bonnie is laughing her ass off.

“He does that every year...you’d think she’d learn.” She says shaking her head. There’s a lot of banging and the teachers have to go to inspect and so we’re all dismissed and so Bonnie guides me and Myer in the direction of the Gryffindor tower. Once Myer and I get there Myer goes and hugs a guy.

“Who’s that?” I ask.

“Uh, that’s Freddie Lewis, he’s a second year. But how does she...” She trails off as Myer drags Freddie over.

“Guys, this is my brother Freddie.” She says.

“But you have different last names.” Bonnie says.

“He has our Dad’s name and I have our Mum’s because my Dad died before I was born and I never knew him so my Mum gave me her name and then she died.” She says bluntly. We don’t have time to ask any more questions because just then Will runs in and grabs hold of Bonnie; using her as a human shield.

“Will, I will NOT be used as a human shield again. And besides, she can’t even get in, she’s Slytherin, she doesn’t know the password, you idiot! SO GET OFF ME!” Bonnie says and Will quickly releases her shoulders.

“Calm down little sis’ I knew that, and besides I thought you would be over the whole I-used-you-as-a-human-shield thing. It was last year!”

“IT BROKE MY NOSE! AND I’M NOT LITTLE! YOU’RE ONLY FIVE MINUTES OLDER THAN ME!” She yells and then storm up to what I presume is her dorm.

“She has a short fuse.” Will says, shrugging like he’s used to it. “Freddie, I don’t suppose you’ve done potions homework?” He asks.

“Yeah, but I copied off Nancy so I don’t know how reliable it is.”

“It’ll do.” Then him and Freddie go off to their dorm and me and Myer are just kind of standing in the middle of the common room.

“What do we do now?” Myer asks.

“Why are you asking me? I know exactly as much about this as you do.” I say.

“Not true, I grew up  in a muggle care home, you clearly didn’t.”

“Okay, point to you. Let’s just go find some people who look like first years and then follow them.” But as it turns out we recognise no-one in the common room so presumably all the first years are already in their dorms. We walk aimlessly around the Gryffindor common room for a while. Once we have done our third circuit we give up and sit down in front of the fire.

“Well...what are we supposed to do?” Myer asks, I look around, the common room is now deserted and no-one thought to come and tell a couple of first years which door their dormitory was behind.

“Well, we could either risk it and look through one of the doors or sleep here in front of the fire.” I say. Myer looks wearily at the door and then back at me.

“Let’s not risk it.” She say and so we don’t. My first night at Hogwarts and I slept on the floor, let’s hope it can only get better.

Okay, so I realised that I didn't do a disclaimer but I think you all know that all the characters belong to the fabulous JK Rowling except for my characters! Also the updates might be quite infrequent because I don't really have a plan for this story I have an idea where it might go but I don't really have a definite plan so I apologise in advance for that. I hope you enjoyed it!!!! Remember to comment and vote!!!! THANKS!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO :D