Chapter 10

The Saturday of the Hogsmede visit the weather is blizzard-like and so McGonagall cancels it, because it’s cancelled it means our Grimmauld place adventure is also cancelled which dampens everyone’s mood. We’re lounging casually around the Gryffindor common room when Will suddenly has another great idea for an adventure.

“Follow me.” Will is half way to the portrait but we’re all still sitting down, looking at him dubiously. “It’s safe and legal. I promise.” He says and surprisingly Myer is the first person to get up.

“What? I’ve done all my homework and now I’m bored out of my mind. He says it’s safe and legal and for some reason, unbeknownst to me, I trust him.” Will jogs up to her and hugs her.

“Finally! Someone trusts me!” Myer slowly detaches herself from Will. “Okay, so I have a plan. First we need to get as many rolls of toilet paper as we can find.” I look at Bonnie who now has a manic grin on her face.

“Am I the only sane person here?” I ask, Bonnie pulls me up.

“Come on, if it involves toilet paper, it’s bound to be fun!” She says, offering me her hand, I sigh but take her hand any way. The next hour is spent visiting every single bathroom in Hogwarts, collecting as many toilet rolls as possible. Afterwards we head down to the washroom, Will speaks nicely to some house elves who agree to lend us each a pair of robes in every house colour.

“So we’re T.Ping the house common rooms.” Myer says as she pulls on a pair of Slytherin robes.

“Not exactly. We’re T.Ping the Slytherin’s. I have other plans for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms.”

“Cool.” Bonnie says, high-fiving her brother.

“So how are we going about this? I think the Slytherin’s will notice if we start throwing toilet paper around.” I say, Will slings his arm over my shoulder.

“Well Teddy... there is this little spell called Wingardiem Leviosa. I trust you’ve heard of it?”

“Yeah, it was one of the first things we learnt in Charms.”

“Exactly! Are you any good at it?”

“I’m okay I guess.” Will slaps my shoulder.

“That’s all we need.”

“What about the password to the common room?” Myer asks.

“We don’t actually need to go into the common room; just hang outside it and whenever the portrait door opens, we fly some toilet paper in. Simple.”

“Simple...” Myer repeats, unsure. We skip lunch to go and hide the toilet paper outside the Slytherin common room, then we wait. An hour later the Slytherin’s common room is covered in toilet paper and the four of us are running back to our common room laughing our heads off.

“Now; Ravenclaw.” Will says with a mischievous smile as we change into the Ravenclaw robes we stole. As we’re heading to the common room Will explains the plan. “It’s Saturdays so most of the Ravenclaw’s are going to be in the library so the common room will be deserted. Now this prank is mostly just to mess with their heads and confuse them.”

“What is it then?” Myer asks impatiently as we wait for a Ravenclaw to come past and let us in.

“Again, it’s simple. We’re going to rearrange their bookshelves.”

“They are going to kill you if they find out.” Bonnie says. “It’s perfect.” Four hours later the books  in the Ravenclaw common room have been taken out of their perfect alphabetical order and into a new improved order that follows no pattern what-so-ever. As the Ravenclaw’s start to file back in as it gets late they head to the bookshelves for some light reading and are distressed when they find the books in disarray, we only just make it out before we start laughing at how confused they looked. When we get into the Hufflepuff common room we see them being nice and they were so nice to us that Will called off the prank.

“They too god damn nice. It’s just not right to prank them.” He says as we make our way back to the Gryffindor common room having disposed of the other house robes we borrowed. We’ve just sat down when Will has another great idea. “We could go and check out the Chamber of Secrets.” He suggests.

“The what of what?” Myer asks.

“It’s this place in the bathroom, Teddy you must have heard of it.”

“Why would I have heard of it?” I ask.

“Well Harry Potter opened it. Come on, let’s go check it out.” He says, jumping up and down, excited. Bonnie gets up and the reluctantly so do Myer and I. We get to the bathroom and then Will stands in front of a sink.

“Great...what now?” Myer asks.

“Well, apparently you need to be able to speak Parseltongue to get in.”

“Do you speak Parseltongue?”

“Uh...no. Do you?” Myer rolls her eyes.

“I can.” I squeaky voice says from behind us.

“Hi Myrtle.” Bonnie says, awkwardly. “Do you happen to speak Parseltongue?”

“I’ve been here a while and I catch on.” She floats through Will to stand in front of the sink and then does some hissing. Suddenly the sink began to move until there was just a large pipe. “There, I’ve seen many people say it. It’s boring down there now though, the big snake thing is dead.”

“The big snake thing?” Myer asks, nervously.

“Yeah, the thing that killed me.”

“But it’s dead?”

“I presume so.”

“Will, I am not going down there.” She says finally.

“Yeah, you know what; we do a lot of stupid things but facing something that might or might not be dead that could kill us, is by far the stupidest and I’m with Myer. I’m not going down there.” Bonnie says.

“Fine. If we have some spare time we’ll do some research into it and find out if the big snake thing is dead. But until then we won’t go down there. Agreed?” Will asks. We all nod and make our way back to the common room. As I’m getting ready for bed that night I glance out the window, the moon is almost full, my hands begin to shake at the though. Next week some time the moon will definitely be full, I hope Will and Bonnie are ready by then.