Chapter 13

Slowly I peel my eyes open but they're assaulted by harsh blinding light so I hastily close them again. I stretch out my limbs, checking I still have all of them; two arms — check, two legs —check. I wiggle my toes and finger; ten toes — check, ten fingers - check. Squinting I open my left eye slowly and then the right. I'm in my dorm room and judging by the sun, high in the sky, I would guess it's afternoon. I sit up slowly and pull the duvet up to my chin. I breathe deeply and silently pray I didn't do anything too horrific last night. I notice a clock on one of my room-mates bedside tables which tells me it's three twenty pm. I don't really see any point in getting up and going to classes so I go back to sleep.

"Okay Teddy Bear it's time to get up." I hear Will says as he jumps on my bed. "You haven't eaten all day and it's time for dinner. So if you would kindly open your eyes for five minutes and get your royal behind down to the Great Hall that would be greatly appreciated, because if you don't Myer and Bonnie might actually kill me." He says. While Will continues to jump on my bed I get dressed and try to clean myself up. "You know I don't understand why you got to sleep all day, I was out all night too, I'm tired too." Will moans as we make our way down to the Great Hall.

"You were awake all night by choice, I was not."

"Touché, Mr Bear, Touché."

"Please don't call me that."

"What's wrong Teddy Bear?" He asks, poking my shoulder. "Don't you like being called Teddy Bear." He smirks, poking my cheek, I smack his hand away. "Well I'm sorry Mr Bear but it's going to have to continue now." He says. He starts racing up the halls as I try to take a swing at him. I catch up to him as we continue to race, when I get side by side with him I shove him lightly. He spins and crashes into a wall ending up on the floor. "You have taken it one step too far Mr Bear." He shouts but I can tell he's joking. I offer him my hand and pull him up. We continue to race to the Great Hall, laughing and shoving each other all the way. When we finally get there I sit in-between Myer and Bonnie who both give me big hugs.

"Hey so I was thinking —" Will starts.

"Don't strain yourself." Bonnie says and Will pokes his tongue out at her.

"Anyway, I was thinking. Then next Hogsmede visit is in two weeks, maybe we'll finally get to see if you're on the Black family tree." Will says to Myer. Myer puts her fork down and starts to bite her lip.

"It would be great to finally get some answers but it must be incredibly illegal. I mean you guys don't even own the house."

"But we should own the house."

"That doesn't matter in the eyes of the law it's still called trespassing."

"You worry too much. You said you trust me, remember, the day we T.P'd the Slytherin's common room and messed up the Ravenclaw's books, you said you trust me. So trust me when I say nothing is going to go wrong and if it does Bonnie and I will take the fall. Right Bonnie?"

"Uh, yeah, sure, whatever." When we get back to the common room we go over the original plan. Myer and I will sneak into Hogsmede and meet Bonnie and Will there, where we will then get a port-key to Grimmauld Place. We will have a maximum of two hours there before we have to get back to Hogsmede and then Hogwarts.

"Myer what happened to you last night?" I ask Myer once we've finished planning. "I don't remember much but I remember you being there in the beginning and then you disappeared." Myer stares into the fire.

"I got lost." She says, twisting her finger together.

"What? You were there with us."

"No, I went out with Will to scout the area and got lost."

"You mean you ran off." Will says. "Listen Teddy Bear, you're not going to get anything out of her. All I know is we went out to scout the area, she ran off and appears three hours later as we're trying to haul you back into the castle."

"Teddy Bear?" Bonnie asks, looking up from her book to look at Will quizzically.

"Yes, Teddy Bear. It's ironic because he's far from a cuddly teddy bear, you know, being a big bad half-wolf an all. Also...his name is Teddy." Will explains.

"Teddy Bear...I like it." She says, closing her book to smile at me.

"No. You don't like it." I say, glaring at her.

"Yes, yes I do."

"No, you don't. Myer, back me up." I say, turning to look at her. She's curled up in ball, asleep, next to the fire.

"I'll take her to bed." Bonnie says. "She weighs next to nothing, we need to fatten her up." She picks Myer up and carries her to her dorm.

"Yeah I think I'm going to turn in too, I'm knackered."

"Knackered? You've done nothing all day! I'm the one that got half an hour's sleep and then walked around school like a zombie trying to do magic." I stand up and pat him on the shoulder.

"Good for you, Wolfgang, good for you." I say and head to bed. I don't even bother getting changed into pyjamas, I just kick off my shoes and collapse on the bed. I grab the duvet and roll across the bed, making myself a cocoon. As soon as I close my eyes I fall into a deep sleep.