Chapter 15

Myer stares at me in disbelief and I stare back. No one speaks for a very long time.

"That's really messed up." Will finally says, breaking the silence. I open my mouth to say something but when I realise I have no idea what to say I close it again. More silence ensues. Suddenly there's a lot of banging downstairs and we all look towards the door. "It's probably just Kreacher being Kreacher. I'll go see what he's doing." Will says as he heads for the door. Before he reaches the door it's blown off its hinges. A ministry worker stands on the other side, his wand out in front of him.

"In here!" He calls back and more ministry workers appear.

2 hours later...

I've been sitting in a small grey room in the ministry for the past hour and forty five minutes. Bonnie, Will, Myer and I were arrested for trespassing. We've been separated and I don't know what's happening with the others but I'm being let off with a warning and a three month suspension from school. My grandmother arrives and she is not happy.

"They're processing your papers and will probably let you go soon." She says.

"I'm sorry."

"What were you thinking Edward?" She says, her voice full of disappointment. "Why? That's all I want to know; why?"

"Because...I don't know. I just, I wanted to know more about my parents."

"Teddy, I've told you all there is to know about your parents. Their names were Nymphadora and Remus Lupin and they fought and died bravely in the Wizarding War."

"I know that. I just wanted to know other stuff, the insignificant things; like what their favourite colour was." My Grandmother sighs.

"Why didn't you say something?"

"Because, talking about my parents just makes people sad, and I don't like making people sad."

"Oh, Teddy..." She says. "You're too selfless for your own good."