Drunk All Summer

Zayn's POV

"We're so late nights
Red eyes, amnesia, on ice
Late nights, red eyes, amnesia, I need ya"

I was drained out of energy by my train of thoughts... They always seem to find it's way back to him even when it's painful... Every time. And every fucking time I get back to the memories of our night together.

Why can I never get over him?

I exhaled the longest puff of smoke this time inhaling the burning sensation letting the presence drown into me. It does wake my nerves up. 

Flashback

It was quite late in May, I got the darned call I've been waiting for ages. I wasn't expecting it. Why does this keep happening to me? I was in the middle of my daze on my balcony, waiting to retire to my room that night. The phone rang.

The screeching sound of "Thriller" by Micheal Jackson and the vibration of my iPhone on the glass table was eery for such a quiet night as that.

Who would call at this hour?

Family? Studio? Sarah Stennet? Can't they wait for the morning?

I was about to get up but Gigi beat me to it. She received the call. Her face placid under the moonlight as ever. Nothing ever breaks through that mask. 

"Hello?" That ever practised pitch, tone and accent. Not too much of accent. Not too much of interest. The voice eerily hollow, devoid of emotions. I didn't know how or what to react. She heard something and something flashed in her eyes. I didn't know what.

She walked over to me, handing over the phone to me, all she said was, "It's for you."

I didn't know what to say to that or react, I opted for the safest option. That is to leave it as it is and take care of the matter at hand, What I didn't know was as soon as I received the phone my breath would hitch.

"Zayn?"

Only that and the world around me disappeared. I forgot why I was there. Just the voice. No one had to tell me who was on the other side. I knew that voice.

"Uh... Zayn? Zayn Malik?"

My name sounds so perfect in his voice that I lost mine. I was taken back to all those times when I got to hear my name leaving his pretty mouth. I, dying to listen to him call out to me. 

Zayn this! Zayn that! 

The happy Harry who just wouldn't stop gushing about something he found out. 

The excited Harry who kept on talking about what happened; all the way back and his voice resonating through the empty hallways of our hotels.

The annoyed Harry who was bent on making me listen to his stupid knock-knock jokes no matter how hard I try to avoid them.

The tired little Harry who would call out but soon mumble something and doze off. And I fell for him over and over again for these little things.

I would spend countless nights, staring at his angelic face while he mumbled something with a little bit of Zayn here and there and snore his way to sleep. I was helpless then. All I knew then was just to love him. I kissed him, laying down by him spooning him spending the rest of the night together. I remember those nights to be perfect every time.

The Harry who would moan my name among the muffled kisses while I pounded into him. The look of him beneath me- sweat glistened forehead, flushed cheeks tinted up to his ears, those gorgeous green eyes almost eclipsed by with the lust-darkened pupils rolling back with desire, dishevelled brown curls sprawled on the pillowcase, and those sinfully coloured swollen pink lips cursing out profanities with my name.

"Right now I can't see straight
Intoxicated it's true
When I'm with you
I'm buzzing and I feel laced
I'm coming from a different phase
When I'm with you"

With all these thoughts, I seemed to have lost my ability to speak until I croaked out, "Harry? That's you?"

"Duh! Yes! I am Harry! The one and only Harry Styles! Harry Fucking Styles, mister! And that's all I've been calling myself for the lifetime as much as I remember!"

His voice sounded groggy and raspier and somehow his speech too was slurred. I instantly knew then, Holy Cow! He's drunk!

"Harry, where are you? See, you gotta list-"

He cut me off mid-sentence and continued. "Gosh! I'm texting you about my location. Hold up" Hic! And I heard this hiccup and a cute chuckle followed by it. "Zee?? Are you listening? Zee-"

My heart fluttered at the nickname and I swear I'd never be the same man again! "Yes, I am Harreh! Tell me, what is it Harreh?"

"It's you, Zayn. I need you right now. I need you right now Zee! So much that it hurts!"

I swear I could hear the desperation and the pain lapped in that voice. I know what pain sounds like. After I having caused it all those years back. Without any further delay, I heard myself saying, "I'll be there" 

I swear I could hear a little soft 'please' before he hung up.

''Another way now
Like we're supposed to do
Take you to the back now
I'd take a shot for you
Wasted every night
Gone for every song
Faded every night
Dancing all night long

Drunk all summer
Drunk all summer...."

_______________

(I never talk to guys properly as much as you guys deserve it. Your support is all that kept me going these days and unlike all other previous occasions, I didn't discard this.

Well, the book has a few chapters into flashback and will continue but I'm so sorry that I've not even introduced you guys to 5% of the plot, but if I can overcome the shaky turbulences a bit ahead, I believe that I can lead you guys better into the book.

Plus, guys I'm trying to update it as soon as possible but some work kept me apart. I'm really sorry. I'll try to make up for it when I start introducing the plot of the story. I sidetracked a bit but your remarks motivated me at every step I took. 

And, I'm open to all sorts of suggestions. Please do keep dropping in your opinions and I love reading your comments too. Thank you so much for so much of encouragement here. Means a lot to me.

Thank you

All the love.)