CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The Marauders, Evanie and her brother were all currently in the hospital wing

The Marauders, Evanie and her brother were all currently in the hospital wing. The two werewolves were still dozing off, while the rest of them remained awake.

Evanie was sitting on her brother's bed running a hand through his hair like she normally did after the full moons, and right next to his bed was Remus, and the chairs surrounding the two beds were the other three males.

The entirety of apologies was not needed especially since Evanie hated it, so it was all settled down to forgetting the entire situation that happened a few days ago. Now that there was nothing to be hidden between them, it was only expected that Evanie let the anger go and simply become nothing more to waste a breath on it.

"I'm surprised that we never had a run-in with you both on full moons" James proclaimed confused as he intolerantly tapped his foot on the ground.

Evanie smirked to his words with a glint of mischief in her eyes," Because I did a good job of keeping Zeke from going too far"

"The confidence you have is annoying" Sirius mumbled incoherently making her chuckle," But I still feel the urge to apologize about calling you nosey"

She shrugged her shoulder not caring as usual," Nothing I never heard before, I've become numb to insults"

"That shouldn't be a good thing" James pointed out

"Does it look like I care about it?" She said with a little snark making Peter shake his head unconsciously," It was a rhetorical question Pete" He let out an embarrassed chuckle scratching his head.

"Ezekiel was 4 years old, when he was afflicted with lycanthropy" Evanie spoke up looking at the males knowing that was what they were curious about," grandfather Newt trained me when I was 10 and I mastered my animagus training at 12, so the first year Dumbledore and grandfather had to help on the full moons, until I was ready to take over"

"So, you did it by yourself?" Sirius asked and she nodded," I'm the one who should have been bitten by the rogue werewolf, but Ezekiel pushed me out of the way taking it. So, it's only natural I feel responsible, but also, he is my brother. I'd drop everything to help him in a heartbeat. Why do you think I am so set on becoming a Magizoolgist?"

"To continue your grandfather's legacy?" Peter asked

"Yes, that is partly true, but the main reason is to find a cure for lycanthropy. No matter how long it takes, I will not give up, because I am simply so tired of the way they are mistreated. Once Ezekiel and Remus graduate from Hogwarts, it's going to be tough for them to find a stable job, when they have to disappear or fake sickness once every month"

"So, that is why you are so absorbed in your work" James commented making her nod

"Precisely" Evanie nodded," Which is why I don't care how people insult me. Being called names or shoved in the halls is nothing compared to the inner turmoil that these two go through every day of their lives"