Concerned, Hendery instantly reached over placing his hand gently onto the young boy's skin.

He waited for the familiar tingle, but nothing seemed to spark.

"Why isn't it working?" The older whispered to himself.

"Because it isn't a normal wound," Renjun let out, a numbing feeling going through his senses.

"What do you mean, 'not a normal wound'?" Taeyong asked, not letting his eyes stray from the younger.

Renjun looked into Taeyong's eyes.

"I think I figured out one of Abigail's powers."

They didn't say anything else, seeing they needed to tend to the wound before Renjun would elaborate.

The medicine that Hendery concocted seemed to make the wound blossom with more pain, until it became a full ache.

"Do you want me to explain now?" Renjun asked, voice small in secretiveness.

Taeyong nodded.

"What did you dream?"

Renjun thought back to the lab room, before telling them what was going on before he woke up.

They had stayed silent as he talked, nodding along to his story.

"-this gives me a reason to believe that Abigail is able to inflict harm onto whoever is in a dream state through there dream," Renjun concluded, making The others have a variety of reactions.

Taeyong's eyebrows were furrowed. Jaehyun was tense but not as deep in thought. And Hendery was almost in tears from the younger's recollection.

"But, I also think she's having difficulty from having full control of the dream," he looked at Taeyong.

"I could hear you guys telling me to wake up, but she was the one saying it."

That was probably the best news they've gotten in a while. Abigail was suffering from power overload, and she was starting to lose control.

It was late at night after that incident, where everyone had fallen asleep, including Renjun.

He had kept the bandage over his wound, and successfully hid it from the others, making sure they wouldn't worry.

He let himself be cuddled by Jeno and Jaemin, letting their warmth surround him and keep him safe.

He awoke from his night of successful sleeping, more of which he had seemed to be getting, with the view of a sleeping Jaemin.

He knew the two that stuck by him were also going through their own difficulties at the moment, Jeno with his almost nonstop training, and Jaemin with the news of actually having Defect similar powers and trying to trigger those, that they lost definitely didn't need Renjun's problems as well.

They may want them, but Renjun had thought thoroughly through the possibilities and determined that he wouldn't lay those onto their already heavy shoulders.

He was getting through them himself. He wasn't having anymore troubles with sleep, making his whole demeanor more pleasant to be around.

He was no longer irritable, and his thoughts no longer were the only thing going on in his mind. He knew that everyone knew what they were supposed to be.

He was helping himself, and got involved with helping the rest of the Dream boys.

A ray of hope seemed to light in the eyes of everyone, almost as if a looming war wasn't actually going to happen.

Renjun and the rest swept through their day of training, had a healthy dinner, courtesy of Johnny and Yuta, and were settling into bed for a great night's sleep, ready for training the next day.

He smiled when he felt Jeno's fingers glide through his hair, an instant calm feeling resonating through his body.

His smile brightened as Jaemin turned towards him and hugged him tightly before saying a soft 'goodnight' before Renjun returned the same and held the youngest of the three's hand.

Bringing Jaemin's hand up to his mouth, he allowed himself to lightly kiss it, receiving a sleepy smile from Jaemin.

Jeno, in return kissed the space on Renjun's head that his hand had been petting before reaching to Renjun's and Jaemin's intertwined hands, and kissed the both of them.

"Goodnight," was all that was spoken.

. . .

“WE ARE NOT O.K.!”

That was what Renjun had been jolted awake early in the morning by Donghyuck.

“Wha- What? Why? What’s happening?” a tired Renjun asked, hair wild from Jeno’s fingers earlier and sleeping.

“Abigail is happening.” Was the only response that he received.

But that was all he needed to be immediately awake and alert.

“What is she doing?”

“She’s on her way,” Mark answered, slipping on shoes and tying them quickly.

“How do we know?” Renjun asked, running to the other side of the room, quickly stripping to put on his specially pickout of outfit that would make it easier to fight in, but would also protect himself.

“Taeil,” was the other response he received.

That was when he realized that only Mark and Donghyuck were the only ones in the room.

"Where are the others?" Renjun asked while putting on his own shoes.

After tying his other shoe, he looked up at the other two.

“They’re waiting for you,” Donghyuck said, now standing by the door.

“Well why didn’t you wake me up sooner? Or why didn’t Jeno or Jaemin wake me?” Renjun asked, exasperated at the thought that they didn’t have the mind to wake him up sooner. Now everyone is waiting for him, which only caused more stress and pressure onto the boy.

Sighing, he quickly stood up and briskly walked to the door, not wanting anyone to wait on him any longer.

He finally made his way down the stairs, greeted with the sight of everyone seated on the very familiar three sofas.

Taeyong nodded at him in acknowledgement, before speaking.

"Abigail is coming."

. . .

A/N:

Ta-da!

Did you like it?

I wasn't too sure about how I was going to do this, but I hope I didn't let you down.

Alrighty,

Thank you so much for reading !

Your support is amazing and helps me want to write more !

Until next time !

started : 2019.7.11
finished : 2019.7.12