- Thirty Nine -

"Guys, we need a plan about Abigail."

As soon as Taeyong said that, at least four to five other people choked on their first bite of food, everyone looking at Taeyong.

"W-what?" Johnny asked after taking a quick sip of water, being one of the ones that had eaten too fast.

Taeyong's face held no traces of fooling around, making a serious tension hang in the air.

Everyone seemed to stop eating, the placing of silverware of all the boys making a series of 'thunks' on the table.

Eyes widening quickly at the sight of the boys not eating, Taeyong realized his error.

"But we can discuss this after breakfast," he said quickly, a slight sheepish smile on his face as he looked at all of their faces.

Everyone looked at Taeyong, hesitant but eventually started eating once more after a couple of shared glaces to each other.

Chenle was happy, looking at the people around him, all eating happily and having conversations with each other. It made his heart want to smile, and he did the same.

Jisung had been sitting next to the older, not missing the huge smile plastered on his face. Jisung had to admit, Chenle's smiles are contagious, so it wasn't long until he felt the familiar lift of his own facial muscles. And it wasn't hard to determine just who helped him enjoy this new experience.

Respectively, although they didn't want to show the obvious separation between the newcomers and those who had been living there, Dream managed to stay together, not wanting to stray too far from the familiar just yet. Johnny kept up a good attitude, sitting next to Mark and making light conversation.

Renjun smiled, looking at the light-hearted conversations going around him, just simply eating in content.

Jaemin turned to Renjun, looking at him with a smile before quickly grabbing the older's hand in his under the table. Renjun looked at the younger, smiling back and gently squeezing his hand as he continued to eat.

Jeno looked at them, his heart warming at the sight before wrapping both his arms around the oldest of the three.

Renjun was surprised, almost choking on the omelette he had just put into his mouth as his head made contact with Jeno's chest.

Donghyuck decided to speak up, seeing the three happy.

"Can y'all tone it down just a touch? I'm trying to enjoy my meal here," he said, teasing them, pointing his chopstick at the trio.

Jaemin just scoffed at him, taking another bite of his food, hand still interlaced with Renjun's under the table.

Jeno flushed slightly, letting Renjun go after another tight squeeze.

This is what made them feel at home.

Just them, although they were a full table, enjoying their time together.

. . .

It took everyone a little while to finish eating their breakfast. Which made sense since there were twenty one of them.

Renjun was still flustered at the number of them, and realize that way over half of them were capable of awe worthy powers.

As everyone put their dishes by the sink in the kitchen, Mark decided to sit there at the island, waiting until everything was there.

Sighing slightly as the dishes seemingly never ending, Mark rubbed his hands on his face, groaning at the upcoming chore.

As Lucas was the last to put his dish at the sink, he sheepishly smiled at the groaning Mark, who didn't dare look at the mountain of dishes.